Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Foxwell NT520

Baileyii

The topic came up on Rennlist so I decided to buy one for myself. So far this is what I have done to my 997.1S.

1. I turned off my seatbelt chime for both front seats

2. I made my horn honk when I arm my car alarm

3. I can roll up and roll down my windows from my key fob

4. I changed my side corner lights to turn signals, I believe this is how your cars come. I live in America.

I'm sure there are many other uses for both generations of our cars Incase anyone is looking for a scan tool.

Thanks,
b

Baileyii said:
The topic came up on Rennlist so I decided to buy one for myself. So far this is what I have done to my 997.1S.

1. I turned off my seatbelt chime for both front seats

2. I made my horn honk when I arm my car alarm

3. I can roll up and roll down my windows from my key fob

4. I changed my side corner lights to turn signals, I believe this is how your cars come. I live in America.

I'm sure there are many other uses for both generations of our cars Incase anyone is looking for a scan tool.

Thanks,
b

Welcome to the forum , saw your car on the 997 pics thread looks great , someone has put your steering wheel on the wrong side but other than that a very nice car :thumb: :thumb:

Thank you. I bought the Foxwell to get rid of the seatbelt chime and I was able to code those other things. The $170 was worth it to me to turn the chime off. The faster you drive the louder the chime for those out there who wear your seatbelts before you drive off.

Have just purchased the Foxwell NT520 PRO and downloaded the Porsche specific ap, and can confirm that I successfully disabled the active rear spoiler on my 997.2 (having previously installed the Flying Ducktail). Decided the lifted flying ducktail looked a bit extreme, although I didn't notice any adverse handling in the lifted position.

Haven't tried any other coding yet but this device saved a trip to the dealer to disable the rear spoiler lifting with PIWIS and on that basis alone paid for itself..so highly recommended.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back