Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£30k Carrera 2 Tip

£30k for a 1999 car :floor:

25k mile 2 owner car , 3.4 so pre the potential engine issues that come 3.6 and 997.1 . its probably an excellent example and if you prefer the 996 shape to the 997.1 then its going to appeal to someone but it is at the top end IMO but they can go for that money if in perfect condition. the issue with this type of car always is the money is in the low miles low owners so the next owner adds 1 and can you really enjoy a car worrying that your putting miles on a car that was overpriced due to low miles . its best going to someone who may only do 1k pa or to a collector :thumb:

T8 said:

Oh no! I paid an additional 50% for a 1997 car. What was I thinking :eek:

Albionmuz said:
T8 said:

Not for a 996 Carrera you didn't. :wink:

T8 said:
Albionmuz said:
T8 said:

Not for a 996 Carrera you didn't. :wink:

This is true, nor a tiptronic either.

If anyones interested, my mate was the second owner (bought from Sterlings in Cornwall who advertise on here) he kept it in his garage and hardly used it for about 8 years, but had it trailored to Porsche Exeter yearly for a service regardless of miles. He replaced it with a 997 C2S that sits in the same spot doing pretty much nothing all year.

I had the chance of buying it for £12k a few years back, he let it go for slightly more to the person selling it now, about 2-3 years ago. Then I had the chance again a few months back, I offered £15k and it was refused, so I left it.

Its in very nice condition, but has/had a blemish in the paint on the rear end where a fly repellent dripped on it, other than that it's pretty mint. The rear spoiler was removed by my mate but went with the car.

Not worth £30k though, IMO.

EDIT ~ http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1416871&highlight=#1416871

Robert SausageTrousers said:
If anyones interested, my best mate was the second owner (bought from Sterlings in Cornwall who advertise on here) he kept it in his garage and hardly used it for about 8 years, but had it trailored to Porsche Exeter yearly for a service regardless of miles. He replaced it with a 997 C2S that sits in the same spot doing pretty much nothing all year.

I had the chance of buying it for £12k a few years back, he let it go for slightly more to the person selling it now, about 2-3 years ago. Then I had the chance again a few months back, I offered £15k and it was refused, so I left it.

Its in very nice condition, but has/had a blemish in the paint on the rear end where a fly repellent dripped on it, other than that it's pretty mint. The rear spoiler was removed by my mate but went with the car.

Not worth £30k though, IMO.

EDIT ~ http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1416871&highlight=#1416871

Nope I don't get it. Why would you trailer your car to the MOT station rather than drive it? It has to be a lot more hassle? What am I missing here, why would you even bother to buy it in the first place. We are not talking a valuable garage queen here, are we.

Nope, nor me. I do 400-500 miles a week in mine, but each to their own! It's an interesting car though!

EDIT - Sorry, I mean he had the car collected on a trailer, rather than he trailered it himself!. But, still.... :lol:

Quite a few of these low miles, low owner cars sitting on various classifieds. But that is is they will sit there until the greedy dealers realise no one is going to pay that kind of money.

There are 928s asking for £50k and even some low miles 944s over £30k.. crazy if you ask me.

Then again if you suddenly had several million and wanted to fill a garage with a nice example of each Porsche model then maybe...

If it was a manual and had Sports seats then would be nice for £25k imo if lots of the usual bits have been done recently? and with it's history to boot, was a bargain at 12k 2 years ago then!,

If it was a manual, I'd see it at 25k at that mileage. Collector car.

At what mileage do they stop being cars you just stop thinking about the mileage/value of? I bought my car at 57k miles. 10 years later, it's done 170k. I stopped thinking about it at 120ish.

not 30k, nope. Especially in this market.

Could have had a black on black tip 996 Turbo for that on eBay. I know what id rather have :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back