Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CV Boots

roboxm3

Morning All,

I replaced my brake pipes at the weekend and while I was under the car I noticed that I had a splt CV boot (N/S outer).

Porsche have quoted the best part of £160 for the pair of boots inc. clips and greae which seems a tad steep to me.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good quality alternative please?

I've had a quick google but I'm struggling to find someone who can supply inner and outer for a 2003 3.2 S manual...or more likely, I'm just being a bit thick :mrgreen:

I got mine from carparts4less and with a discount code it was under £35 delivered for all 4 and I have to say they are really good quality. Nice and thick - not like the usual eBay universal rubbish. Come complete with the metal end cover, the proper clips and the grease. Did mine yesterday.

That's very useful, thanks for the reply :thumb:

Hopefully I won't have to chase them for a month, like I did for my springs and wiper blades!!

ETA: It seems something changed after 2002 ("CV boot kit inner and outer up to 2002, but only outer for 2003-2004 model years") so hopefully the GKN kit they list for the inners includes the same parts...

Good point actually. Mine is a 2000 so inner and outers are the same. It was however the GKN ones I used and the quality is great and they arrived in 2 days.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on the changes pre/post-2002, specifically regarding the driveshafts/CV joints and ideally which other model the later part may be shared with?

I can't believe that the later Boxster S has model-specific drvieshafts/CV joints and doesn't utilise the same part as a 996 of some variation?

ETA: This https://www.design911.com/Porsche-986-Boxster-Drive-Shaft-98633202450--98633202453/prod3511/ would suggest that the driveshafts are the same for year 2000 onwards cars, which adds confusion...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back