Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'Viglink' Shopping Site

Any time I click on a link to a site from this one, i.e if someone links to a car on Autotrader or whatever, I get sent to this 'Viglink' site as opposed to the one I'm supposed to be heading to - https://www.viglink.com/shop/merchants.

I've never had this on any other site, it's just this forum that I have the issue with, I'm assuming from the fact that other members are discussing the content of the sites being linked to on here that this isn't an issue for everyone, but I wondered if there's anyone else having this issue?

I'm using a macbook with the latest version of Chrome, with adblock.

I get it too using WE7. AutoTrader is obviously signed up to the Viglink service. I just ignore all the waffle and click on the AT link immediately below it.

We all get it , if you look within the txt of the ad it says click here to go to etc etc site. bloody advertising getting everywhere. :thumb:

Ah OK, I was unsure whether it was a virus or whatever so didn't want to click anything on the page so just kept closing it - however having been given the confidence by you lot I've just managed to disable it - if you click on 'why am I seeing this' in the bottom right corner, then follow the links to disable, it gets rid of it.

Thanks,

I couldn't be bothered reading all the blurb, so it's reassuring I can just click the subsequent link.

:thumb:

various sites are signed up through such traders

but there should always be the actual site link within that page

I used to find Viglink infuriating but I now automatically cut and paste the link address into the new Chrome window.

Robert SausageTrousers said:
Ah OK, I was unsure whether it was a virus or whatever so didn't want to click anything on the page so just kept closing it - however having been given the confidence by you lot I've just managed to disable it - if you click on 'why am I seeing this' in the bottom right corner, then follow the links to disable, it gets rid of it.

thats worth knowing , I will disable it next time I see it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back