Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S. +. Top Gear Exhaust - video now added

stewhp

Just had 200 cell crossover cats and the valved sports exhaust fitted, all by Top Gear. Had the work done at my local Powerflow dealer in Ipswich.

Over the moon with the result.

Valves closed = slightly quieter than PSE
Valves open = God of thunder mode.

Not driven it too much as I need to fit new connector pipes so that the tips line up correctly but so far it's very addictive. Quiet mode has no drone even at 70 mph and noisy mode is just mad.

Thanks Top Gear lovin the change and certainly a fantastic alternative to paying 3k for the porsche system.

Edit - Video Link added hope it works

https://youtu.be/LuMio5IUUYE

:D :D :D

:grin: :grin: Stew we need a sound byte :grin: :grin: :thumb:

I know Phil but no time as going off on a course until the end of week and I want to do some fly-by videos when I get the tips finished.

Will post up a vid when I get it done.
:D

:grin: :grin: look forward to seeing the vid mate :thumb:

I know what you mean about God of thunder mode - wife reckons she can hear me approaching the house 5 miles away! :D Still, it gives the milkman plenty of notice I suppose. :grin:

Must get a recording of mine done as well.

So you had PSE before?

So With the 200cells straight cats(?) and TGvalves closed its a bit quieter than standard setup PSE on/valves open?

Yeah with the TG valves closed it does sound slightly quieter than my old PSE with the valves open but there's not much in it. The sound is also very similar with a nice deep burble.
The only disappointment is no pops and bangs yet with the valves open but that may have to wait until I get it remapped.

FRZ 911
I demonstrated it to MRS last night and her first comment after she had recovered from the fright was 'OMFG that's effin scary"
:grin: :grin:

stewhp said:
FRZ 911
I demonstrated it to MRS last night and her first comment after she had recovered from the fright was 'OMFG that's effin scary"

:floor:

FRZ 911 said:
stewhp said:
FRZ 911

:floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

https://youtu.be/LuMio5IUUYE

No drive by footage yet but this will give a taster of what it sounds like valves open and closed.

Decided to update the tailpipes too as one of the OEM ones was completely shot.

:D :D

Thanks for sharing, I'm hoping to get mine done next week. I'll be keeping my oval tips.

I'd love to hear a driveby :D

Bloody lovely Stew :thumb: great note :thumb:

Sounds great... neighbours are going to love it!

Phil 997 said:
Bloody lovely Stew :thumb: great note :thumb:

Cheers Phil
Im really pleased with the end result. Been out doing my best to frighten pedestrians and cyclists :floor: :floor:

Robert,
The neighbours have been annoying us for years so it's payback time.
As the saying goes 'revenge is a dish best served cold" or in this case cold and loud. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sounds awesome - I'm still making my mind up over getting the mild sport boxes or the valved ones so I can have the best of both worlds :D

I also need to fix the cat to manifold clamps.

If you don't mind me asking how much did Powerflow charge for fitting? I know there is one not too far from me so could be an option that saves me from much cursing when trying the job myself.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back