Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My C4S plus cash for a Turbo

C4-STORM

Seems logical to me..

I am toying with the idea of 'upgrading' to a 996 turbo as all the 996 models seem sensibly priced at the moment.

So, my thoughts are these - anyone out there with a 996 turbo looking to free up some cash but still wishing to remain in the marque :?:

Maybe circumstances have changed for you?
Perhaps there are some who would be happy to go N/A?
Or maybe you just want a rear-end upgrade & an envelope?

(The missus will never notice :grin:)

I would consider either Tip or Manual but condition would have to be on a par with mine which is near pristine and all original bodywork.

Ideally I would seek a like-for-like in terms of colour & spec, but would consider anything as long as it is what you could consider immaculate!

I would have up to £10k plus my C4S which I think is realistic given the market at the moment.

Any PM's welcome :bandit:

Think you will have to up your car + 10k to get a turbo, unless someone is desperate to move one on or the condition is a bit ropy :D

forever said:
Think you will have to up your car + 10k to get a turbo, unless someone is desperate to move one on or the condition is a bit ropy :D

So you are saying mine plus £20k :?:

Pretty sure mine should be worth £22k and seen posts on here recently from other forum members discussing 'the market' and why they can't shift their 996 turbo's at around £30k.

So however you look at it, there must be a tidy example out there even if it is older than mine ('04) or higher mileage, we shall see?!

Best of luck on your pursuit. It would help if you put specific details of your own car up.

If tip isn't an issue to you i'm sure its entirely probable you can get into a decent turbo for low thirties :thumb:

shantybeater said:
Best of luck on your pursuit. It would help if you put specific details of your own car up.

If tip isn't an issue to you i'm sure its entirely probable you can get into a decent turbo for low thirties :thumb:

Hey, thanks for the comment.

Mines an '04 which has done 88k with history which is half OPC/half indie.

My spec is on my signature.

See if anyone's interested and what they have!

Seen quite a few Tips around £30k and I wouldn't mind another Tip in good order rather than a scruffy manual of that makes sense.

Condition would take presedence for me.

As I say, chewing the fat. Just sold a powerboat which I have been sitting on for a while now which has freed up a bit of spends :)

Other recent posts on here triggered my thoughts and I am also aware of owners who have their cars on SOR for a long while.

I figured those may be interested in downgrading and a more sensibly priced wide body to go to market with or sit on for a while.

Effectively enabling me a like for like step up in terms of relative values as opposed to trade vs retail at a dealer or having to sell mine first.

Good move i would say and I also think your budget is healthy...I don't want to dredge up a value debate, but from the ads i have seen lately its very much a buyers market especially if you are ok with a tip. :thumb:

I for one support your move 👍
I've had a C4S and (apart from the sound) the turbo is better in every way... go for it :)

Would be great if you could upgrade, and it sounds like the perfect time for you!

Just bare in mind you're valuing your car at the upper end (22k) and expecting someone to value there's at the lower end (<30k). If you're trading you will need to value them equally (assuming equal cars) to make it tempting. Best of luck!

Thanks for the comments guys :thumb:

Hi Jay. It could be mine at £22k + £10k for a Tip Turbo at £32k or you could call mine £20k and a Turbo at £30k - it doesn't really matter it's more a case of IF this is feasible for another owner and have they got the right car for me/is mine right for them.

I figured lets get a post up and see what's about.

I have had PM's before off the back of the forum so who knows :dont know:

You'll never get a tip for that sort of money :bandit:

They are worth way more then manuals due to the power that you can get through them :wack:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:

They are worth way more then manuals due to the power that you can get through them :wack:

:eh!: :eh!: :eh!:

HSC911 said:

The manual gearboxes are good for 650hp. Both gearboxes can be rebuilt if you want them stronger. I am currently doing this with my manual 'box. Not a consideration for most people.

MC

C4-STORM said:

:dont know:

I was so drunk last night that I don't even remember writing that :grin:

But tip's are worth more...aren't they :D

HSC911 said:
C4-STORM said:

:dont know:

I was so drunk last night that I don't even remember writing that :grin: