Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 997.1 gt3

Kettmark

Silverstone
Hi, on the lookout for a tidy example of the above. Ideally with buckets seats, sports chrono & sunroof but history & condition of greater importance.
Coming out of a 997/1 c2s.
Cash waiting for right car for Porsche enthusiast.

Kettmark said:
Hi, on the lookout for a tidy example of the above. Ideally with buckets seats, sports chrono & sunroof but history & condition of greater importance.

Good luck finding one with a sunroof.

Seem to be popular in the US but very rare in the UK.

Some N. American spec cars had them iirc, but not UK models.

They are around then! I've searched the ones currently for sale on PH & AT but none of the 997.1's seem to have one.
Not the end of the world.
Any advise on must have spec anyone? I intend to use it as a daily driver, one up, as I have another vehicle for family & holiday use. For future resale, I'm probably best going for a club sport as the miles will rack up (circa 12k per year).

I have learnt something today as I would not have expected a GT3 to have a sunroof due to the wieght in the wrong place, but it seems 10% of them were specced with sunroof, but I imagine the majority of those went to the USA I expect it to be very rare in the UK. :?:

Had a sunroof on my 996 turbo and they can be the source of a few rattles in the headlining IME. Nothing major, but not good if you have real OCD about such things. Not sure if they improved the fit and issue on 997 iteration.

Cars with comfort seats go for less and would, IMHO, be better suited as a daily. I'm 6' and (now down to) 78kgs and the buckets are snug and not all that easy to get into or out of. I think it would get old pretty fast on a daily, whereas the comfort seats are still sports versions and a very good, even for longer trips. Each to their own though!

I certainly wouldn't restrict your search to sunroof cars. Focus on condition and history.

Fair play if you plan to use as a daily, but I certainly wouldn't. Not just racking up miles, but racking up 'dull' miles (traffic etc) will soon become tiresome.

I bought mine on condition & price, and although I would have preferred buckets, I don't regret buying a 'comfort' at all. 👍🏼

Kettmark said:

I have sent you a pm

Why don't you ask Isysman if the roof panel that came off his car recently is still available - you could add the sunroof :thumb:

StephanoM said:
I certainly wouldn't restrict your search to sunroof cars. Focus on condition and history.

Fair play if you plan to use as a daily, but I certainly wouldn't. Not just racking up miles, but racking up 'dull' miles (traffic etc) will soon become tiresome.

I bought mine on condition & price, and although I would have preferred buckets, I don't regret buying a 'comfort' at all. 👍🏼

Sunroof not a deal breaker, as you say, buy on condition.
911 virgin have just advertised one which is the cheapest in the country. Hopefully this will start a price correction on the other stagnant cars which have been on the market unsold for months.

sunroof on a gT3 . no thanks

weight in the wrong place and ruins the look

having a sunroof in a 911 with the GT3 aero kit was always the give away it was not a GT3. well one of them alongside the size of the discs and calipers plus a few more.

Still looking for a gt3. Anyone got one they want to get out of for a realistic price taking into consideration the current market?
Cash waiting for right car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back