Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tip fault code

Creationblue

Monza
Hi all

Took my car for a service today and an inspection, all good news as far as the engine and suspension is concerned but it flashed up with a fault code P0740. I got him to change the trans fluid as a matter of course, thing is I didn't seem to have an issue with the tip, he's saying the TC is as fault and I'm not doubting him but as I don't have any symptoms I'm not likely to get the new box fitted just yet at a cost of £2.5k. What's everyone's thoughts?

The fault code referes mainly to the Torque convertor lock up clutch .

At a set Rpm you want a one to one ratio between flywheel and the gearbox .. upto this point it .. well .. it kinda slips like a manual clutch when your pulling away ..

Details in the picture .

Oil and filter is a good start along with the fact you havent had any problems .. also you can sometimes get this fault without actually having a problem .. a spurious code we tend to call them .

For now i would suggest just drive and monitor it .. if there is a problem you will get repeated fault codes and the car will start to show symptoms .

Attachments

• p0740_111.jpg
    p0740_111.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,061
I guess if I drove another I might notice the difference but for now I shall monitor it and leave it till next year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back