Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200 Cell Cats

Stotty

Anyone got any experience of these?

I've read some stuff about improvements in sound and performance.

Top Gear have a couple of options (with or without X pipe) that look reasonably priced.

I have had the TG cross over CATS on two different cars now and you will notice straight away that your car performs and breathers better, making this probably one of the best mods with regards to gains on an NA car. When it comes to the sound both times i have fitted them i have changed the headers at the same time so this will change the noise as well but if you read the many threads everyone seems to like the improvement, straight through's are not as loud as the cross over but both will make your car louder!

I had new headers and back boxes last year (Dansk), so this would be an add on to that. I've also done the helmholtz bypass/silicon intake as well.

The CATS will be the last peace of the puzzle then on the exhaust and for me the CATS were defiantly a worth while mod giving noticeable gains.

When you changed the intake did you get yourself a new BMC filter, this will help things breath a bit better and improve sound? you might want to look at larger plenum and TB as that will your next step on the mod list

They will make the car louder, not massively but a noticeable amount.

One thing to not with the x-pipe is that is smooths out the sound so you do loose a little of the flat six noise however they do sound great at higher rpms. Thats for x-pipe in general.

Ive got the Topgear ones and value for money is there, wasn't quite happy with noise to start with but they have changed after a few miles and I like it.

I've looked at filters, but stock at the moment.

Plenums and TB's are not on the agenda - trying to keep the mods to a reasonable price!

The filter is worth looking at as its a cheap mod and is cleanable so doesn't need replacing, i am not saying it gives massive power gains but you car will just feel as if it breathing easier and sound a little better as well. CP4L have a performance parts sale on at the moment so you can get one for under £80 you might even find one cheaper on ebay.

I will also PM you a link as i have seen some cheap TG 200 cel cats for sale that i was going to take a punt on but you have me feeling generous so i will send it over :thumb:

Ordered a BMC filter.

As others have said, the 200cell Cats are a part of the 3-piece puzzle. I fitted them alongside new manifolds and boxes, so I couldn't say for sure what different they make on their own, but the full exhaust makes a huge difference in pick-up, sound and overall performance.

Definitely worth doing, but also budget for new O2 sensors as there's a risk they'll be stuck to the old Cats.

I should add that my overall economy improved dramatically when I had all mine done 8)

I have nothing to add its all been said :grin: now just go and get yourself some 200 cell cats :grin: :grin: :thumb:

I have the 200 cell X-pipe, it made a big difference to the sound, all for the better in my view. Performance is subjective, but it did feel like it revved more happily. That may, however, be down to the fact that it sounded so good at higher revs I held it in gear longer than I had done before, of course.

What are the pros and cons of the X-pipe vs straight through. Noise is obviously different but is the X-pipe less efficient because of the bends?

I did a lot of research on it before buying the non-X-pipe cats. It was because there was slightly less power to be had from the X-pipe and for me, that performance mattered more than the more refined sound you get.

I'm not really bothered about a relatively small power increase (if there is a real one, rather than just a subjective improvement)... I'm more interested in the sound... and I don't want my car to sound refined :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back