Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Doing centre console delete with PCM1

cbriggs1978

Hello all, I have a 2002 Targa with PCM 1 and bose. I want to do the centre console delete but have an obvious issue in that my hvac unit is in the bit I want to remove! I have searched but didnt find any answers or pages where the links still work - apologies if this has been asked before!

In order to do this I think I need to do the following:

Remove PCM1 headunit,
Move Hvac control to dash
Install an aftermarket single din stereo
Move the Targa switches to dash (I have 2 x blanks)
Move heated seat Switches to behind ash tray (I have 2 x blanks at the moment)
Install the delete kit

My questions are....
Will the loom for the hvac panel be long enough to move it to the dash?
WIll the look for the targa switches / heated seat switches be long enough to move or is there an extension cable so I dont have to cut and extend current wiring
In order to install the hvac and a single din stereo in the dash, do I need to swap out the main bit of th dash console to something like this.... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Interior...334999?hash=item3b0627b117:g:YJwAAOSwf-tasO9K

THanks for any help!

The loom for the HVAC panel should be long enough as it essentially has to extend down to current location you have it in. When you relocate it up, you should need fold the "excess" loom over a little. I believe all of the dash looms are fairly centered in the body of the main dash.

I think you'll need to cut and extend the switch wiring - it's painless enough that I'm not aware of anyone ever spending money on a 'nicer' solution, should such a thing exist, although it might....?

Watching with interest as I have a PCM unit in my 996.2, that whilst it works ok is woefully out of date and TBH I'd be happy with a DAB radio with memory card slot.

Does PCM with CD changer automatically mean it is Bose with the optical cable? No bose labels on the speaker grills!

Ian

As an alternative you could do this with your HVAC controls:

7994488d25be4e2fe0942c6e235a0658-full.png

I found the photo at: http://www.function-first.com/products/interior/console-riser-kit-996

Very nice stylish upgrade :thumb:

thanks for the reply folks, i think I will order the delete kit but want to confirm first if i need a new dash insert to give me the 2 slots (hvac and replacement radio)

I think the one with the hvac panel in the "tunnel" is a complete centre console lift kit which looks good but probably too much of a change for me!

Just a quick thought, do these delete kits still fit if you have the Bose subwoofer in the passenger footwell?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back