Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Success - fitting LHD folding buckets to a RHD 991.1 GT3

short-shift

Trainee
I know that the subject of fitting alternative seats to our cars comes up here from time to time. I've just gone through the process of replacing my electric 18-ways (adaptive sports seats) with folding buckets - sometimes called the 997 GT2 seat (but more correctly the 'sports bucket seat') in my 991.1 GT3.

Part of the challenge, though, was working out whether a set of seats sourced from a LHD car would work in a RHD car without throwing all sorts of error codes and airbag warning lights. Given that these seats are not always easy to come across and that there are likely to be many more available from mainland Europe than in the UK (so LHD configured), I felt I might not be alone with the question.

Well, the answer is 'yes' - despite there being different part numbers for LHD and RHD seat-sets, a set of LHD buckets can be installed in UK-spec-cars without issues so long as some minor DIY work is undertaken first to convert the seat-set from LHD to RHD configuration.

I wrote-up this adventure over on PH but I thought it might be helpful to fellow 911uk.com members if I posted here with the link, as follows: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1765948

The story takes a while to come to a conclusion but the detail of what needs to be done is in post #44 (if I can count correctly).

James

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back