Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help identifying VIN label......

Lig

Hi all,

I have just 'hopped' over from the 993 forum, I hope you dont mind :)

A friend of mine has just bought a 964 and is trying to find out if it should have a VIN label on the door pillar with the vehicle weights on. My 993 has one and he has seen that there are a few available on the net but they look different (they are black and bigger). The issue is that all the ones we can see have 'US Federal' in the text....

Could any of you good people with a UK or European car advise if your car has got a label on the door pillar with the VIN \ date of manufacture and vehicle weights on?

Here is the one which we have seen:

Any help much appreciated....

Lig.

Attachments

• carbone_porsche_vin_decal_964_2a1_112.jpg
    carbone_porsche_vin_decal_964_2a1_112.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 5,285
My 1990 C2 has just a white bar code sticker.

searching ' door jamb bar code ' on car-bone brings up what I have

Hi rch21 and thanks for your reply.

So there are no other stickers on either door pillar, just the small barcode one with the last 10 characters of your VIN on the drivers side. Can you just confirm yours is a UK or European spec car?

Many thanks,
Lig.

Never any stickers on mine C16 spec.

I did have the thin metal tyre pressure sticker which was on the passenger door near the lock mechanism rather than the jamb. :thumb:

Under bonnet sticker is the more important one. That said there's a guy in Spain that can knock up a perfect copy :roll:

Thanks Zingari,

Its interesting that maybe just the US cars had this, but then all UK and European 993s had it.....?!

Lets see if anyone else has it on their 964??!!

Cheers,
Lig.

Lig said:
Hi rch21 and thanks for your reply.

So there are no other stickers on either door pillar, just the small barcode one with the last 10 characters of your VIN on the drivers side. Can you just confirm yours is a UK or European spec car?

Many thanks,
Lig.

Hi Lig
Mine is a 1990 UK car. Can't say if there was ever any other stickers there but I've had it since 2000 and all the other stickers are present and original.
Location is on the passenger side not drivers.

Richard

Hi Richard and thanks for confirming.

Kind regards,
Lig.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back