Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Guess what I drove my 996.1 all day today and nothing happen

eabeukes

I havent got sooty tailpipes or any high oil usage so I am just posting this to let everyone know I am not worried about my car

:FYI:

This ones just for Phil997
:floor:

I had exactly the same yesterday in my 1998 C2. It is these early cars you see, bombproof.

MC

You're not likely to eabeukes in a 3.4

Likewise, 140 mile round trip to Manchester airport, with lots of stop start traffic on the M62 and M60 and not a fault in sight. A '99 C4 with 93K - no worries :thumb:

There's always tomorrow 😂

Re: Guess what I drove my 996.1 all day today and nothing ha

eabeukes said:
I havent got sooty tailpipes or any high oil usage so I am just posting this to let everyone know I am not worried about my car

:FYI:

This ones just for Phil997
:floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: very good , I saw the thread title and thought :eek: :eek: I just said no one posts that , only the other day :grin: :grin: this has the makings of the perfect thread :thumb: :thumb:

Well we did 1500 miles to the Vosges mountains a couple of weeks ago. Used no oil and it didn't overheat or blow up! That's in a 996.2! :dont know:

Even driving up and down the mountians it held together.

I'd like to add that anytime I see another 911, irrespective of which model, my response is always the same......"that's nice"

Had to run the GF to work today starting her new job. Pulled up at the lights (in 3 lanes) and front row were a Panarama (or whatever they're called), a Boxster & my 996. Coming the opposite direction front row a 997. Looked at the bird and said - Porsche, common as muck :grin:

deMort said:
You have no idea the amount of Porsches i see once every 2 years for a service and the odd wear and tear items .

Then i log on here ...

And I bet those are the ones in daily use! Some of the garage queens on here seem to explode whilst parked up under their custom tailored dust covers in their temperature controlled dehumidified purpose built lairs :floor:

They're cars that need to be driven, not priceless works of art, fine wine or cigars :grin:

Oh, but mileage will hammer the resale value...why buy it in the first place if you cannot afford to use it as intended? Join a supercar club and take your pick on the 4 days a year that you feel the need for speed. Obviously, when there's not a cloud in the sky and there has been no salt on the roads for at least 42 days, you won't even need to worry about taking it off SORN :floor:

But it won't feel special if I use it every day...Use it until you get bored, sell it and buy whatever takes your fancy next, life's too short to fret about the perceived cost when you factor in the enjoyment and experience.

I've heard them all on here, it does make me laugh...vent over :D

I used my 127000 mile 3.4 C2 again today, like i do every day, parked it at work next to one of the other managers 2017 991 carrera S coupe, guess by now he's lost more in depreciation than mine cost me 2.5 years ago

Because the engine hasn't blown up i've treated it to all new brakes and a set of OZ alleggerita wheels with some non N rated Michelin PS4s and because i took the front bumper off to remove all the leaves and debris when i replaced the 2 speed fan on the drivers side (only failure in 15000 miles) i also fitted two new headlamp washer jets because they were leaking and had been bodged with-silicon, it will be winter soon and it would be dangerous to drive it in the winter everyday when its covered in road dirt if the headlights arn't clean

I'm currently at Spa, lots of laps this afternoon and drove here from lapping the Ring for three days. Heading to Zolder Wednesday before driving home to Coventry.

How much longer - in minutes - can I expect my engine to last?

Attachments

• dn20c_1778r_178.jpg
    dn20c_1778r_178.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3,997
Hahahhahaha !!! Dead rite in my car allot weekend and after driving a 991 Gt3 Rs I was still happy out the 4s!!
996s are amazing 911 s and always will be!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back