Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DESIGNTEK performance shifter ?

MJA911 said:
Looks good, seems to have all bases covered. You may already be aware of this so appologies if you are, but this simpler and cheaper solution is excellent. I put one in my 986, made a big difference.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127355&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ssk

As MJA911 said, there are other options that will be more cost effective (including a 997 upgrade shifter direct from an OPC that will cost considerably less than the initial suggestion). I suggest you try and find a few owners who might discuss/show you how good the various options are.

Thanks guys, I have had the standard short shift previously. Has anyone here actually used this setup that i have mentioned?

blanc said:

It looks like a direct ripoff of the Numeric Racing shifter. If so, and if the quality is the same (or close) it seems like a good deal. I can't speak directly to the Design Tek part, but the Numeric is pretty amazing (I've got one with their cables). It really is a night and day difference from either the stock shifter, 997 shifter and B&M short shifter...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back