Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just hissing through speakers on radio and CD

Ross997

Hi all,

Was listening to cd ,went to fill up with fuel ,turnt the car back on and now all I have is loud hissing sound and no music on either cd or radio. I can hear faint background music but that's it .

Any ideas??

Thanks

Thanks. It was fine ,then music went off and just loud static coming through speakers. Even switching to radio I got loud static.

Its first time I've used the changer and this happened.

Not sure what system you have fitted be it PCM or CDR 23 but if you cant hear sound playing CD,s then its not something like the radio antenna thats at fault .

For a " reset " then pull any fuses that are listed for the sterio system and leave out for 10 mins ..

Other than that it needs a tester ( piwis ) on it to investigate further im afraid .

It's standard pcm unit . I can hear very faint music in background but dominated by loud crackling and hissing .

It should have an ampifier fitted in the front lugage area ..that may well be faulty .. i would try the fuse pulling first or even battery disconnected and see if it makes any difference .

PCM sends the signal to the amp .. amp them sends to the speakers .. no signal to the amp or no signal from the amp is how i see it .

no or corrupted signal is what i mean .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back