Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another one - what do you think?

Wh1t3Kn1ght

Had this one saved for awhile as I wasn't sure about the interior colour :?:

Looks like it has been for sale since the end of 2017 and is now out of MOT.

Going to view it on the weekend...

is it known to anyone here?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712302347986

i8Tgwqtl.jpg
[/img]

Wh1t3Kn1ght said:
Had this one saved for a while as I wasn't sure about the interior colour :?:

But according to the advert it's "the most desired colour combination" to have. :grin:

Yep, been on sale for a long time, I noticed it when I was looking a year ago but reds not for me. If red is your thing then what's not to like, there must be a deal to be done to shift it

Wow that interior!

Unless it looks very fifferent in the flesh it wouldn't be for me. By the length of time it's been for sale I guess I'm not the only one. I did see it online when I was looking and would have loved a red one but the interior ruled it out.

:D Yes those were my first thoughts but

1. I think red is OK
2. I love the aero kit

Also I saw a silver / grey 996 Turbo this week which had the same colour interior and it looks much better in the flesh than in pictures (also those look like they were taken under artificial light).

Hoping that someone will pop along shortly and say either they've been to see the car and its a money pit or its fine apart from the colour combination! :)

Wow that interior!

Unless it looks very fifferent in the flesh it wouldn't be for me. By the length of time it's been for sale I guess I'm not the only one. I did see it online when I was looking and would have loved a red one but the interior ruled it out.

I phoned about this car about this time time last year. I wanted a red car with aero and this was the only one around. I felt the interior was a challenge that you could easily dumb down using black interior pieces.
However when I phoned they were pretty disinterested in my query and didn't really answer any of my questions. I don't think really know much about these cars. If your close it's definitely worth going to see but I wouldn't travel to far.

It's not that bad a colour inside and not that bad a price either :D

Break it up with a bit of black, see Marky911's thread, page 13 if my memory serves me correct :grin:

Even a whole black interior would not set you back much :dont know:

Just keep scrolling down when GMG replies :floor: and you may have found your little red unicorn :thumb:

...if your objective is to scream 'massive midlife crisis' louder than growing your hair long post 50yrs old OR show others that tarted up Ford STs are for the proletariat then Bingo you have found the most illusive of cars ;the mythical Unicorn rouge....

You can see by how long it's been for sale (and people's reactions...) how hard this would ever be to sell on.

I'll be honest I probably would have bought it if I had managed to get any decent info or history behind the car but the garage were next to hopeless on that front.
Im sure they have added about £1500-2000 onto the price in that time as well.

Thanks for the mention again HSC, :thumb:

I actually took inspiration (read as shamelessly stole :wink: ) from Steve's car (the big 25 on here). The car is still on here I think but with a new owner.
Here's his take on his Savannah interior -

Basically the same as what I did to my grey interior and what has been suggested already, cup wheel with gear and brake levers trimmed to match, black mats and bucket seats retrimmed to match original colour.

Here's mine -

Whitenight, Savannah trim is known in the trade as "Suicide Savannah" as it's retail suicide when it comes to shifting it.
I actually like it, especially with a dark exterior. In fact I was gutted I missed an Arena red, aero-kitted car with savannah trim just before I bought mine.
It looks much nicer in the flesh.

Would I go savannah with guards red though? Probably not.

It's funny that's it's so scoffed at in the Porsche world. In other marques it's quite liked and known as biscuit or tan leather etc.

Buy what you like, is what I'd usually say. I have grey leather which people call dull but whilst I'm the first to admit black feels the most upmarket, grey is nice and light and airy. I had grey in my 964T with red piping and I loved that too.

To each their own. The car you mention could take a while to sell though, which isn't ideal if you ever needed out of it quickly.

Don't rush it. One will come up. You'll have to compromise on something, but a car will pop up. If it's a summer toy for yourself, then you have 6 months now until you need one anyway. :wink:

As HSC says, just scroll past GMGs replies. He bought "Play it safe grey",
in fact I think the proper name is "Regretful Grey", as he's done nothing but moan about the bloody thing. :grin:

I had a similar experience to others here. I really wanted a red 996.1 and missed out on a few about a year ago. Saw this and tried to contact them, but could never get through and nobody returned my voicemails.

There was a thread on here from a guy with a black car with a savanna interior who replaced various interior bits with black and that looked nice. I was thinking of doing this since a full tan interior is a bit too much!

It started out at a lower price than its on for at the moment.

At the time there was also a car I considered buying which had a full red interior, again a bit too much. So I spent a lot of time searching the web for photos where these colours were mixed up a bit. Here are a few I found...

Attachments

• img_2751_214.jpg
    img_2751_214.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 3,023
  • img_2739_115.png
    img_2739_115.png
    803.8 KB · Views: 3,023

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member