Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spotted: 911 AKO

Sundayjumper

I've never posted in the 997 section as I don't have one, but a couple of times recently I've spotted a black 997 reg 911 AKO parked on my road, with a 911uk sticker in the window. Is it anyone here ?

Yes that's Nige although I can't remember what his user name is.

Yes that's me!

Hopefully not a complaint about the noise :D

Which road was it spotted?

A road with a tree-based name... I've walked past it parked on the drive a few times when walking the dog up to the park.

I live down towards the bottom end of the road, the house that's just had its huge willow tree pollarded.

All left deliberately vague 'cos I'm a bit paranoid :)

Sundayjumper said:
A road with a tree-based name... I've walked past it parked on the drive a few times when walking the dog up to the park.

I live down towards the bottom end of the road, the house that's just had its huge willow tree pollarded.

All left deliberately vague 'cos I'm a bit paranoid :)

Quoting the number plate of the car down the road probably wasn't the best idea then, or is this a ploy to get his nicked and not yours?? :floor: :floor:

GlenB said:
Quoting the number plate of the car down the road probably wasn't the best idea then...

Pfft, you've been believing too much internet nonsense. My reg is T862 PBL. Look up my address and come round for a cuppa.

:floor:

We live in the same road then 8) Willow Tree Way :wink:

I noticed the tree getting chopped the other morning. I drive passed your house to miss out a road hump or 2 on the main road

Drop by for a brew next time you're passing. It would be good to see your 996 too and maybe go for a hoon.

Do you go to any meets?

Nige, you know pics of you car with its new 911 reg are manditory :grin: no pics it didnt happen :grin: :thumb:

Sundayjumper welcome to the very dark side of the 997 sub forum , you know your always welcome to post here as theres a lot of cross over between the 996 and 997. :thumb:

No sexy pics at the moment, but a rare one with the front plate actually on the car :lol:

I'm pleased with the new plate. Got it from a hairdresser friend. :grin:

Attachments

• img_20180919_183302_crop_727x486_166.jpg
    img_20180919_183302_crop_727x486_166.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 2,939
nigel99 said:

Yeah, let's call it Willow Tree Way :wink:

I don't really go to organised meets. I sometimes meet up with some guys I know from another forum, one has a car almost identical to yours and another is a regular on the 996 forum here as well - Y2K - who's just bought a 996.2 GT3.

I've been doing Autosolos recently, and I've got myself an E36 Compact (as you may have already spotted...) that I'm trying to get ready for some Targa rallies.

Attachments

• 3c89bd47_8b3f_4882_9553_642d48b29ca1_279.jpeg
    3c89bd47_8b3f_4882_9553_642d48b29ca1_279.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 2,904
nigel99 said:
Got it from a hairdresser friend.

:floor: :floor: :floor: Did he have it on his wifes car :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Got it from a hairdresser friend.

:floor: :floor: :floor: Did he have it on his wifes car :grin: :grin:

I'd assume so as it had all of the characteristics of a ladies's vehicle.

Sundayjumper said:
nigel99 said:

Yeah, let's call it Willow Tree Way :wink:

I don't really go to organised meets. I sometimes meet up with some guys I know from another forum, one has a car almost identical to yours and another is a regular on the 996 forum here as well - Y2K - who's just bought a 996.2 GT3.

I've been doing Autosolos recently, and I've got myself an E36 Compact (as you may have already spotted...) that I'm trying to get ready for some Targa rallies.

The autosolo looks fun, but would just highlight how bad I am at driving!! I did the 911uk track evening at Brands Hatch the other month. Was good to push the car a bit and also had some instructor time. I intend on doing more track stuff, but I guess it's the wrong time of year now.

A navigator shouting instructions at me is what I get when I take the mrs to the shops. Are the rallies local?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back