Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 Boxster buying (now 2.7 Vs 3.4?)

isysman

Chaps,

Went to potentially buy a Boxster GTS yesterday at a dealer that I've been keeping an eye on for a few months. However as I was looking at it (good spec but colour not on my list of good colours) the salesman tells me he's got another Boxster coming in tomorrow that has an amazing spec as well as PCCBs!

The list is much more to my liking, the mileage is lower, it has some comforts my lady was complaining about the GTS not having (important stuff like lights in the little sun-visor mirrors and electric seats). The car has a better colour, is newer AND the car is five grand less expensive.

What is the problem I hear you ask, just buy it?

Well it's a Boxster S not a GTS. The GTS will hold its value more than the S model.

I'm pretty certain I want this car (even though I have yet to see it), but I want to make sure I'm not jumping on it and not thinking it through properly.

What do you think? Pros and Cons...

PS I'm on my way to see it right now!

Ideally I would want to test drive both, back-to-back over the same route.

MC

If you buy this one, then a GTS in the exact spec that you really want will turn up the following day and you'll curse yourself. Sod's law, or something. I'd wait for "the one" at this end of the market. Just my opinion!

Not driven a GTS but love my Boxster S - I struggled to find a GTS at the time but then my head also looked at the £££ difference and it was £8-10K that I could spend on something else

Re: 981 Boxster buying (plot twist)

isysman said:
Chaps,

Went to potentially buy a Boxster GTS yesterday at a dealer that I've been keeping an eye on for a few months. However as I was looking at it (good spec but colour not on my list of good colours) the salesman tells me he's got another Boxster coming in tomorrow that has an amazing spec as well as PCCBs!

The list is much more to my liking, the mileage is lower, it has some comforts my lady was complaining about the GTS not having (important stuff like lights in the little sun-visor mirrors and electric seats). The car has a better colour, is newer AND the car is five grand less expensive.

What is the problem I hear you ask, just buy it?

Well it's a Boxster S not a GTS. The GTS will hold its value more than the S model.

I'm pretty certain I want this car (even though I have yet to see it), but I want to make sure I'm not jumping on it and not thinking it through properly.

What do you think? Pros and Cons...

PS I'm on my way to see it right now!

I think the major difference might be the sound between the 'S' & the 'GTS' depending on the spec....... but either will be good ....
You can always get a Kline ( as you know) for the S.....

the key question - are they both manual?!

Are you there yet ...?

Are you there yet ??

Are you there yet ?

:D :floor:

Just drove the S. amazing has the sports exhaust too just going out in the GTS.

this thread is useless without pictures....

PCCB would be the winner for me and 5 bags left over :grin:

So I drive them both back to back. They both sounded amazing but the GTS had the slight edge on the S when it came to the sound. However only driving them back to be would you know that. I'd be quite happy with the S so I don't feel I'm missing anything. Although the GTS had a more deep grumble and was just a little louder. Nothing that couldn't be replicated.

The S came out winner for me, it just had a better spec including those PCCBs which I was sad to see go on my current Boxster.

I just need to get a decent trade in on my car or sell it privately. He's going to call me when he has the numbers.

I think the 'S' is the right choice out of those two options, the PCCBs are definitely worth having and should help on resale nearly as much as being a GTS... Good luck with the haggling!

Lovely problem to have. Good luck with the numbers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back