Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Virgin

pzero

I picked up this little beauty a few weeks ago, a 991.1 GTS with less than 9k miles showing on the odometer and, as can be seen, it's in Carrara White.
PDK with an alcantara and leather interior punctuated by carbon accents.

But I haven't posted this up to extoll the virtues of a four year old 911 GTS, there's plenty of positive chat where that's already been done, and rightly so because it's a belter.

As thread title this is about that outfit down Uxbridge way. Many on here have nothing but positive and warm experiences when it comes to the interaction with Tom and his staff, whether buying, selling or tapping in for advice.
Well, stop the press and hold the front page, I am no different from those that have experienced happy encounters down at Cherry Tree Lane.

My first bit of business with Tom was late October '17 and concerned the px of my 997.2 Turbo for a 997.2 GT3. The GT3 had been on Tom's books for a little while, basically owing to a sale with a customer that had fallen through, more of which later.
What first impressed me was just how personable and effortlessly polite Tom is. His delivery, communicability and demeanour stands out like a beacon, and this philosophy runs through his team.

Agreed figures happen because one knows where the market is coupled with what the customer wants. I have no idea how many potential customers walk away from Tom because the numbers didn't work but I would hazard a guess that it's far fewer than many other places where one could buy a 911, and yet customers don't just buy from Tom because the sums are right or that the man maths work. It's also to do with the genuine warmth that you feel exuding from him whenever in his company.
The mechanics of purchasing a car, on the face of it, shouldn't be a difficult process but I'm sure we can all tap into, or recall, less than positive experiences when buying a car and so it's a joy when one comes across an enterprise that recognises that nothing negative is going to infere with any transaction that you may become involved with.
You also need good stock, which is more than evident at 911V.

Fast forward to earlier this month and I was looking to move the GT3 on, simply because I wasn't using it. I had a chat with Tom as my first port of call, simply because of those things mentioned above. Initially I was thinking of SOR and we agreed figures, which I was encouraged to think about over a weekend before making a confirmed decision. That theory is all well and good if you can keep yourself away from the 911V site :wack: to self. So rather than mulling over the SOR deal I happened to spot the GTS. A Monday morning call was put in to change the deal to a straight px and a numbers chat. Everyone being happy, and a major service brought forward by four months in my favour to boot.

Back to the GT3 sale falling through prior to my purchase last year - the intended buyer had backed out for personal reasons and yet had seen that it was to be available again following my px. He is now the happy owner being in a position to buy the car that he felt he wasn't able to a year earlier, and with only 500 more miles on it. (I really, really wasn't using it) So I'm pleased for him that it's worked.

To Tom, Joji and the 911V team - keep doing what you are doing and the way that you are doing it. :thumbs:

As above. Nothing but good words, praise and, rare in this trade, respect for what Tom has created there. Outstanding business and delighted you're also delighted Malcolm :thumbs:

It really is so refreshing to read a dealer review thread like this. :thumb: :thumb:

+1 and dare I say the best of the best :thumb:

Completely recognise the experience you've reviewed there. They make it look easy, but I think they work hard to deliver value in a very competitive market, their brand differentiation is hard earned. Saw your GTS a few times whilst having my GT3 dilemma, couldn't really miss it given it was bang outside their office in the indoor viewing gallery. Very nice indeed, indistinguishable from new as far as could see :thumb:

Congrats Malcolm! I'm green with envy hankering after a GTS too!

~ Maxie :)

Maxie said:
Congrats Malcolm! I'm green with envy hankering after a GTS too!

~ Maxie :)

Thanks Maxie, I hope you get one, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.
I have to say that I'm very impressed with it.

Yep, I've bought my last two cars from Tom, great service both times.

Excellent stuff Malcolm & a beauty of a car. What a purchase!! :thumbs:

MJA911 said:
Completely recognise the experience you've reviewed there. They make it look easy, but I think they work hard to deliver value in a very competitive market, their brand differentiation is hard earned...

^^^ this.

Reminds me of a quote from Jay Rayner, the restaurant critic, when presented with an exquisite plate of food - "to have the finished product looking and tasting like this, and seemingly made to look easy, you realise that the chef has done the sweat and hard work elsewhere" (or words similar)

alex yates said:
Excellent stuff Malcolm & a beauty of a car. What a purchase!! :thumbs:

A pic for you Alex. :thumbs:

Oh my lord :eek: :thumbs:

New997buyer said:
As above. Nothing but good words, praise and, rare in this trade, respect for what Tom has created there. Outstanding business and delighted you're also delighted Malcolm :thumbs:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back