Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

96 C4 Coupe 6500 Miles, 97 C4 Cab 57k - What are they worth?

beezo

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a 993 C4 Coupe from a local dealer.
The car is a one owner car from new and has covered 6500 miles, I have old MOT's and service history, all the keys, manuals etc...
Unfortunately the car was at Porsche Centre Bolton at the time they had an arson attack and the car sustained smoke damage to the exterior. The whole collection of cars were claimed against regardless of the damage under the garages Insurance. Therefore this car in now a Cat N on the hpi register. The car was washed and polished and returned to its former glory! It's in amazing original condition throughout. The plate that was on the car has now been removed and is up for sale for £145k!!
What do you think the car is worth?

I believe the Insurance paid out well over £100k.

I also have a 993 Cab C4 on a 1996... it's only covered 57k. I'm torn as one will need to go. I have had the Cabriolet for 10 years and it's quite sentimental. This is also a Cat D. It was caught in a flash flood and the water damaged the Bosch ECU's under the seats. They were replaced at the time and the car has been used and cherished ever since! It has a full service pack and all MOTs, lots of receipts etc... in stunning condition!

I would love to keep both... where would you advise on advertising if I decide to sell?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Here's the little beauty....

Attachments

• 8ac251d2_81c7_4100_9d95_315950b4f6f4_126.jpeg
    8ac251d2_81c7_4100_9d95_315950b4f6f4_126.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 3,085
The rear end too... :)

Attachments

• 6dbc7d6a_0b0c_41fe_a646_eeed9068033c_153.jpeg
    6dbc7d6a_0b0c_41fe_a646_eeed9068033c_153.jpeg
    540.4 KB · Views: 3,083
My Lovely Cabby and the C4S which I have recently sold :-(

Attachments

• 11e95996_f2e2_4a9f_aea2_c4ab99b81051_142.jpeg
    11e95996_f2e2_4a9f_aea2_c4ab99b81051_142.jpeg
    554.6 KB · Views: 3,075
Was that blue car George Eatons per chance :?:

Reading the opening post I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or were the owner of said car and in which case the Insurance will have paid out your dough to an agreed value :?:

Zingari said:
Was that blue car George Eatons per chance :?:

Reading the opening post I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or were the owner of said car and in which case the Insurance will have paid out your dough to an agreed value :?:

:? I'm reading it that the OP has bought the car since the Insurance payout and is now looking to sell it.

If that is the case then surely it's worth about the same retail as it was when he bought it and therefore 'retail less c10%' as a private sale. :dont know:

Hi. No the car did not belong to George.

Hmm well the car is certainly special... one owner and showroom inside and out. Where do you find a car like that with only 6500 genuine miles? :question:

I've been around the 993 scene a long time and looking at some of the cars about with 150k miles on, 6-10 owners and commanding £40k, I think it's quite realistic... thoughts??

beezo said:
Hmm well the car is certainly special... one owner and showroom inside and out. Where do you find a car like that with only 6500 genuine miles? :question:

I've been around the 993 scene a long time and looking at some of the cars about with 150k miles on, 6-10 owners and commanding £40k, I think it's quite realistic... thoughts??

It WAS special but now it's got a Cat N (old Cat D) status which ordinarily knocks a third off the value of a straight one. Problem is collectors won't buy it for top money because of the 'history' which sadly impacts despite how the car now looks.

How much dough was required to get it back to its former glory?

I'm throwing a figure out at c£60k-£80k given it's not gold hardbacks, grey interior on blue is not popular and not sure on wheels (hollowspokes?). It'd look better if it lost that rear spoiler, but then again some might like it but collectors would run a Colini stick over it and have everything factory original :what:

Thanks for the reply...

Yes I appreciate that Cat D/N typically knocks 20% off.

In terms of cost to return it to its former glory, not a lot for a wash and full detail..

I spoke with Bolton Porsche Centre and I believe the aero kit and wheels are standard. The tyres are the original Pirelli's and are like new. I like the kit as it makes it a bit different than the standard ones you see about. It certainly attracts attention.

I'd sell it via Hexagon with that mileage if they're not bothered about the story.

nickpan said:
I'd sell it via Hexagon with that mileage if they're not bothered about the story.

They'll be bothered about the Cat N. Plus if it's got original tyres from 1996 it doesn't say much about the service history. Has it had a service EVERY year regardless of mileage? That is what purists want :roll:

20% is glass half full with rose tinted specs. For these cars is closer to 33% for Cat status

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back