Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Ducktail spoiler

hopeydaze

I was visiting OPC Swindon today to test drive a (um er) Macan 2.0 petrol with my better half...anyway well schooled by me she went to look at a 993 C4 for sale as a Classic Porsche. What caught her eye was the spoiler and she suggested I consider buying one to enhance my standard 1994 C2. Does anyone know which spoiler this is?
https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/porsche/used-cars/7216770-porsche-911-993-carrera-4/

I was underwhelmed by the Macan by the way. Bigger than I expected, poor visibility and didn't feel like a Porsche. I've only ever driven 911s so I'm probably spoilt

WP0ZZZ99ZWS310117__2.jpg

RS Spoiler

Like your wife I am quite tempted by the RS spoiler. I would need to go side sills and front aero wings aswell! I love the standard car but when you see one sitting a bit lower with rs kit I think it looks pretty damn sweet.
Lots of early cars given the rs look and I think it's time we started the trend for the 993!

I was contemplating a ducktail until I had an opportunity to get the 'small spoiler/touring" RS kit and replica wheels for a relative bargain. Took me a while to source the side sills though. Think it may be my favourite 993 variant in terms of looks, but I am biased.

Attachments

• ffab8923_0175_4f1a_a86c_01d033449f26_518.jpeg
    ffab8923_0175_4f1a_a86c_01d033449f26_518.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,624
Crikey, is that still there? I saw it back in May. It's in nice condition but a lot of money, especially for an iffy colour.

Not a fan of the 'RS look' personally, but as it's not my car I guess I don't need to be. Bit of a half-way house with the twists.

Attachments

• dl_993_143.jpg
    dl_993_143.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,609
rs kit

I agree the car above is an iffy colour. I saw it at the NEC classic show last year and it still looks iffy when seen in the flesh. Jitstar I think your car looks ACE :thumb:

rs kit

I agree the car above is an iffy colour. I saw it at the NEC classic show last year and it still looks iffy when seen in the flesh. Jitstar I think your car looks ACE :thumb:

rs kit

I must admit I'm a fan of the RS kit look too. That's the M002 Comfort spec rather than the bigger club sport one.

Not cheap at all to do though and part of me keeps refusing to justify that kind of money when the car already looks so damn beautiful!

911livin and colt have done the same to theirs re M002 look I think.

Good idea to fit uprated struts as the RS tail is heavier than std. The CS one even more so

RS wannabe's done to death... Get a classic ducktail and stand out from the crowd. ;)

C.

Endoman said:
Good idea to fit uprated struts as the RS tail is heavier than std. The CS one even more so

Is that true - I'd never have believed that. Surely when you remove the motor, gears and gubbins from the standard spoiler, the fixed RS one can't be much heavier?

I was surprised too. When I did the swap the original struts just didn't hold. Possibly the longer length accounts for it. Archimedes principal Class 2 levers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back