Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wet Frunk!!

Richtw

Monza
Odd one that I am hoping someone can shed some light on! Whilst chasing down a suspension thump - which has turned out to be the compressor in the frunk bouncing against the floor (why oh why is this not felted)!!! I have found some liquid on the floor - as a chemist I did the sensible thing and tasted it to see that it is :). I would definitely say it is from washing the car as it is either snow foam or detergent. I can not work how it has gotten in there though - it was only under the compressor! Carpets were dry!!

Any ideas - the drain holes are clear!!! It could be historic or even from the car prep in March?

Thanks in advance!!

Tasteing it lol .. well its not a leaking battery then :D

Ok to be serious .. if the car has been valeted then its well possible its water / cleaning agent from then .

An actual leak and i think there would be a lot more water in there .. also there are very few places water can actually get into the front luggae area ..

The main one is if a Porsche VTS has been fitted in the past .. some of the mechanics punched a hole in the o/s/f grommet under the bumper to run the wires .. water will get in that way .

Bumper off to check that... or pull back ther carpet on the o/s/f corner and look at the wiring going out into the bumper .

Have you got a Porsche screen wash bottle that could be leaking ?

Thanks deMort. It must be wash from the valet as it definitely is not screenwash! Really does seem like snowfoam or meguiars wash!! Will definitely check on the wiring thought as it does have a vts fitted - no idea if factory or aftermarket though!!

Thanks

If it's a 997.2 it'll have had VTS from the beginning.

After a good look - i reckon it is just where the carpets were out for the valet, compressor will have been taken out and put on wet floor then back into the trunk. Quite well put together when you take it apart I was quite impressed with the level of detail and fixings :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back