Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dilema

bakumackem

Firstly let me start by saying this is a great site for info on these supercars, and some of the posts absolutely crack me up with the humour.

My time in Baku for myself and my family is coming to an end and I was looking forward to returning to the UK so I could spend more time at home and playing with my toys, including my P&J. However that is looking less likely as my company is likely going to send us to Singapore for 2-3yrs, which likely means I'll get to drive it less and less.

My dilemma is I am struggling to justify the car to myself on the basis it's sitting unused other than the blasts it gets when we go home on leave every 2-3 months for a week or so..........since it came to be mine nearly 3yrs ago I've put on just over 1500 miles.

I love it, my 3 boys love it (my wife less so as she never gets to use it :) ), and it lifts my heart when I open the garage and see it.

I am not sure what I'd do with the money I would get from a sale so would probably end up frittering it away or worse still buying some new windows for the house.

So my dilemma is do I keep it and look forward to a time in the future when we can spend more time together, or sell it and stop worrying.

Over to the collective for some advice and counselling!

Assuming that depreciation is next to zero, you only tax it when you use it, and with limited mileage it won't cost much to insure, you are probably looking at £3-400 per year plus obviously servicing. I'd be happy with that to have a 911 turbo to drive when I want. I would only sell if I could think of something better to do with the money, which I most likely couldn't.

Selling cars is a PITA anyway. I avoid it whenever possible.

MC

:agree:

Unless you need the money, keep it. It's your P&J, your toy. And a very nice one too. It's not going to lose you cash sitting there.

Until you need to pay off the mortgage, build an extension or something equally cash drainingly dull, keep the beauty! I think you'll regret letting it go unless you need to.

If you need neither the money nor the space then keep it.
It's far easier to keep things than to get another later !!

reinforced what I was thinking.

I'd really like to spend more time getting my lay-up techniques firmly in place. Thinking of investing in a carcoon, but I am sure there's more I can do for long term lay-up.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back