Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ICE ICE Baby...

Osh

Paul Ricard
Morning guys

Sorry for the pathetic title but couldn't think of anything better... :eek:

As some of you might remember, I removed the old double-DIN unit from my P&J and replaced it with a Pioneer CD/radio and linked up to an iPad-mini. I had a sparky fit this for me which included fitting an aftermarket aerial. That's worked 'OK-ish' up to now but, if I'm honest, I've never been 100% happy with the performance – I listen to the radio a great deal 9if I'm not tuned to radio-PSE!)

So I'm keen to rip out the after market aerial and find a way of connecting the Pioneer unit to the original in-car aerial which links through to the windscreen itself. Simple question has anyone ever done this and, if so, did it work/is it any good/how did you do it.

If anyone has a linky through to a thread where this has been done before that would really help.

Cheers Chaps

Osh :thumb:

Do you not just need one of these Osh?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/250413926808

s-l300.jpg

Alex - come on, its me you're talking to! Don't tease!

what does that do m8...??

Osh

Osh said:

Osh

:floor:

Even I know what that does :grin:

You're flashy new head unit will need this to work the original cave man era aerial. Wire from aerial plugs into it, then that plugs into new head unit and hey presto :dance:

:thumb:

..........and only £1.69.

It's a 1st world invention for when something made in the EU has to interface with the rest of the world. :grin:

Otherwise known as ISO to Din.

Those sneaky Germans trying to outdo the International Standards Organisation.

HSC911 said:
Osh said:

Osh

Even I know what that does :grin:

You're flashy new head unit will need this to work the original cave man era aerial. Wire from aerial plugs into it, then that plugs into new head unit and hey presto :dance:

:thumb:

Who's Presto? :?: :dont know:

And what does he know about aerials?

Tooling manufacturer in Sheffield. My life would be a misery without them.

Best taps in the World!

Ta chaps!

So - can i confirm, that would work...??

Ta

Osh :thumb:

It worked with mine.

So, just to confirm, because I am struggling to fathom this.

Your sparky fitted an aftermarket in-car aerial, rather than using the DIN adapter???

Wow.

The only thing I can think in his (very dodgy) defence is that he didn't power the booster, so had a poor signal.

It might not turn out too well if you called a plumber to change a radiator on your car either.

MC

A quick sanity check..The only reason to fit an in car aeriel is if it's a DAB aeriel. Are you sure it's FM radio not DAB?

Tenner says its dab :grin:

alex yates said:
..........and only £1.69.

It's a 1st world invention for when something made in the EU has to interface with the rest of the world. :grin:

Otherwise known as ISO to Din.

You mean like a micro USB? :chin:

alex yates said:
Those sneaky Germans trying to outdo the International Standards Organisation.

Care to share some more on how the effect of non tariff barriers within the EU has hampered German economic growth through exports? :?:

No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back