Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommending Admiral

TobesEtc

I have an Admiral policy - Classic Policy for my '94 C4 and multi-car to bolt-on our MR2. I've given them full disclosure on non-standard parts (it's 24 years old and like "Triggers Broom") and also with the stickers that currently plaster it, and they've barely batted an eyelid.

I suspect many of us are driving around in "modified" cars (ie where many parts are non-standard) where we may have forgotten to mention that to our insurer. My experience of Admiral tells me that honesty is the best policy.

I did shop around this summer and couldn't get anywhere near the Admiral premium (a certain locally-advertised insurer were very honest in expressing mild surprise at my premium).

Can I suggest you tell your insurer everything and try Admiral if they attempt to screw you.

What are they like when it comes to making a claim?

My wife had someone run into the back of her in a Range Rover on the M11 about 5 years ago and they were fine and I had just the screen replaced in a 10 year old 997 Gen 2 by Admiral and there was absolutely no fuss about fitting a genuine screen - will put a note on the appropriate thread about that as the fitter from Autoglass was actually good!

:thumbs:

My wife made two non-fault claims on her car when we were with Admiral. I did all the admin on both and Admiral were brilliant. Subsequent premiums did not go up. We only left as Aviva started offering a 25% discount as we also have medical and house Insurance with them.

I was with Admiral for about 6 years and had no problems, however when it came to my last 2 renewals they just couldnt beat the other insurers.

The wife made a claim through Admiral last year after she destroyed the entire side of her new car on a pollard. They handled it perfectly fine. The only thing was as we didnt pay any extra for the "like for like loan car", they only gave us a Vauxhall Adam as a loan for her Range Rover sized Ford Edge. Not ideal when we were off on a family road trip to Cornwell a few days later.

alex yates said:
What are they like when it comes to making a claim?
They were excellent, had a car written off recently and when I said I didn't agree with their valuation, they got an independent assessor involved. They even let me talk to the assessor and I managed to get a higher valuation than what I paid for it :grin:

They also let me buy the car back for peanuts which I'm getting repaired myself now.

:thumbs:

HSC911 said:
rabbitstew said:
she destroyed the entire side of her new car on a pollard...

Not a Sue Pollard was it :dont know:

If the answer to that is 'no but yes but no but yes' it must have been a Vicky Pollard. :wink:

160dmb said:
My wife had someone run into the back of her in a Range Rover on the M11 about 5 years ago and they were fine and I had just the screen replaced in a 10 year old 997 Gen 2 by Admiral and there was absolutely no fuss about fitting a genuine screen - will put a note on the appropriate thread about that as the fitter from Autoglass was actually good!

Just to clarify the current situation (September 2019) as I had to replace the screen on my 993.

Admiral use Autoglass and charge a flat £95 fee.

They will absolutely NOT fit an OEM screen in that price.

You can use your own supplier/ fitter, however they will only contribute £50 towards the cost.

For my car, the Porsche OEM screen (Sekurit) would have cost £774 with Autoglass fitting it, so I went with the Pilkington option at £95. On the day of ordering I was at work and couldn't remember if I had a tinted top screen, so ordered one just in case!

I arranged to have it fitted whilst the car was being serviced and the Autoglass fitters made a very good, creak free job of it. Fortunately, the screen aperture was in excellent rust free condition.

Mark

Attachments

• after_polish_154.jpeg
    after_polish_154.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 7,803
Used them for my son's VW Polo this year - he is 19 and they gave a very sensible price and no black box needed either.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back