Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

994 4s wheel question

Nicoc4s

Guys can a 10j rear wheel go on a 996 4s? Im current setup has 11j rears. I can alwys bring the wheel out with spacers if needed

Why are you asking :dont know:

What is the issue :?:

:thumb:

Of course. Just take into account the 12mm loss on the inside and outside of the wheel and add a spacer if required to match the desired offset.

C.

Apart from not knowing what a 994 4S is :dont know: :?: and assume its a typo and you meant 996, but as long as the offset is the same you should be ok re the alloy but with the AWD if you change the tyre width at the rear you need to change the front as well or is may mess up the AWD system, so are you going to fit the same size tyres to the 10" as the 11" in which case your ok but if not then consider what your going to do with the fronts . I looked at changing my 4S rears to 325 from 305 but in order to not mess the AWD up I would have also had to change the fronts from 235 to 245 . hope that helps :thumb:

With the 4WD system, as long as you keep the rolling radius near front & rear OEM spec then all should be fine. Potentially you could fit 20" rims by adjusting the tyre profile to compensate. Sure it would probably be running a 20 or 25 series profile tyre and the ride would rattle your fillings but it is achievable.

Plenty of tyre profile calculators on the web if you have a look. ;)

C.

If you fit a narrower wheel of the standard offset with a spacer, you'll move the centre of the tyre contact patch out. That may have implications for handling. It might fit, but it might not work very well, especially if the tyre is narrower as well.

Thanks for the response guys nd yes did mean to type 996.
I will be keepig OEM Porsche tyre spec but if i do go wider i would replce front and back to keep the same.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back