Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ADVICE NEEDED: C4S cab in garage for 4 months

orangejumper1

Go Easy pretty please am new to this forum.

So the roof on the C4S decided not to open or close back in May. I took it into Porsche West London (grr) and they deducted they would need to order a new tonneau (am assuming this is bit the roof goes into)and respray the rear panels. Annoying but hey, covered on the warranty so not the end of the world. Forecasted time around 2-3 weeks. Back June, in time for the summer.

The summer has passed, holidays been rescheduled and Porsche have no idea when this part will be ready. Am i missing something?

I have a hire car (BMW 4, not bad) but it aint what i have signed up to or invested in. I have really no idea what i am suppose to do. I have told everyone (yes everyone) at Porsche what i think of their service but at the rate they are going it will be xmas at the earliest when i get the car back. Any advice?

Welcome to the forum OJ ,The first thing I would do as you have lost confidence in OPC west london , which is no great surprise given the genral view of them on here, I would contact another OPC the next closest to you ask them if the part you need is on back order in Germany (it can happen) if so then West London are being straight with you if not then transfer the warranty job to the other OPC and get them started on it. Some Parts departments are better than others and will have a phone around to see if any other OPCs have one in stock in the UK or they may have contacts at OPCs in Europe who might have one in stock. this is assuming Porsche Germany have no Stock and its on back order . what they tend to do is wait until they have an order for a few before they get anymore produced , we have discussed this many times on here about Porsches written commitment to stock parts for older models versus what they actually do. If this is the situation It also wouldnt hurt to stick a rocket in the ass of PorscheGB who may also be able to pull strings and find one worldwide. hope that helps a bit , good luck and keep us posted :thumb: :thumb:

:welcome:

Unfortunately you are not alone. I have a close friend who has been waiting for a similar part for a 997 for the same length of time. Porsche seem to have no interest in making these parts at the moment, and can give no indication of when they will start.

Sounds like a terrible situation to be in. Basically I think they are more concerned about making new cars to meet headline sales figures than they are about looking after their customers.

:frustrated:

I'd ask them to swap the Beemer for a Porker :judge:

:grin:

We are currently waiting for front wings for 2 separate 997s
And 2 quarter panels for 987 caymans at our shop
All on back order with no date
The 997 wings seem crazy to me
:dont know:

Anyone else with outstanding parts issues with modern water cooled cars ?

I recently needed a window actuator and was told I had brought the last one from germany :nooo:

That sounds very frustrating but it will be worth it in the end with the added bonus of costing you very little, if anything.

My indie has been quite vocal about the parts issue in recent months at Porsche and it continues to be a hurdle from what I understand. Any age, air cooled or water cooled it's been a major problem for him.

Do complain to Porsche GB and make them aware apparently it can help sometimes.

Good luck

OP - You say the roof will not open or close, but is it stuck open, or closed?

If closed (and secure/watertight), can't you continue to use it until the parts are available?

Although now the weather is on the decline, probably better to use the loaner!

Have you asked the OPC to show you proof that they have ordered the parts required?

911UK said:
Anyone else with outstanding parts issues with modern water cooled cars ?

Where would you like me to start !

997/996 targa roof motors .

991/ 981 active engine mounts .

Window mechanisms 997 a while back.

Remember the tyre fiasco a few years back .. but to be fair that wasnt really porsches problem .

Its a common thing im afraid .. on demand supply means very little surplus stock .. older cars and its a change of manufactor that can cause issues... or letting stock run low before organiseing a new batch of parts to be made .

It can go from days to weeks to monthes at times .

9 monthes for a 993 targa roof trim i think is the record for us .

Mind you back at opc i think we waited 6 monthes for an oil tank .. Porsches excuse was they were waiting for enough orders to make it worth while .

I would talk to Porsche GB.

OPC West London refused to replace the RMS on my first Boxster even thought it was a recall.

Porsche GB got them to do it.

I used to drive by AFN Chiswick as a kid and drool, then I lived within walking distance from OPC West London (same place) still drooling. Finally got my first Porsche and as I was local went to OPC West London.

*****. ( I called them something beginning with A but the forum edited that out)

End of.

two things

West London is really bad.... personal experience at multiple levels, nice coffee

Porsche are not stocking bits, is this a UK thing or EMEA wide? either way get the more mainstream media involved...

we need parts... lets put pressure on Porsche to stock them

If the roof is in the closed position, can you continue to drive it for the time being?

I had a similar issue on my Audi TT and I was able to close the roof manually. This allowed me to drive the car for 2 weeks until the part arrived.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back