Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 and GT3 RS shock absorber difference?

MisterCorn

Does anybody know the difference between the GT3 snd GT3 RS shock absorbers and springs. Part numbers are different but is there a big performance difference?

MC

Did someone buy the eBay ones?! £542 for a 6000miles old set looked pretty good value to me.

NENO said:
Did someone buy the eBay ones?! £542 for a 6000miles old set looked pretty good value to me.

Someone might have :eek:

MC

no diff in the OEM shocks I think from bilstein in size and shape.

the RS has slightly higher spring rating

the big diference with the RS shocks is they have no mount on the shock for the ARB pick up point. the RS has different suspension and geo mounting points so the ARB and drop links hook up in a different place.

I think the RS front uprights use twin pinch/clamp bolts as opposed to the single bolt items on the 'standard" items.
The ARB links attach via the clamp/pinch bolts rather than via separate bracket welded onto the strut body. The latter is easily sorted by fabricating adjustable droplinks with readily available components. Just ask if you need further details.

And some bedtime reading :

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum/1044296-996gt3rs-vs-996gt3-suspension-comparison.html

Thanks for that, all looks straightforward enough. I just need to decide what I want to fit on my car now.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back