Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior Door Pulls

mrcharliechan

Silverstone
Okay. I appreciate this is a minor little gripe but...

Why oh why are the interior door pulls made of some Fischer Price easy to chip and scratch silver painted plastic... Nice sturdy metal in the Cayenne...

Any retrofits available or wait until they're chuffed up and repaint.

I repainted mine in gloss black. Came out quite nice.

Thanks for the ideas! Carbon seems a slippery (and expensive slope) - if I start I may not stop...

I wonder if the existing part can be scanned and then CNC machined in metal - may be prohibitively expensive...

mrcharliechan said:
Thanks for the ideas! Carbon seems a slippery (and expensive slope) - if I start I may not stop...

I wonder if the existing part can be scanned and then CNC machined in metal - may be prohibitively expensive...

much easier and cheaper to get them painted body colour and then match your centre console :grin: it will lift your interior hugely :thumb:

Attachments

• acid_green_door_pull_824.jpg
    acid_green_door_pull_824.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,453
I did it the other way round but both options would look great Imo and far cheaper than getting them machined

Attachments

• img_2649_968.jpg
    img_2649_968.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,446
  • img_1881_148.jpg
    img_1881_148.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,446
That does look fantastic; although my body colour is Basalt Black so would be less striking...

mrcharliechan said:
That does look fantastic; although my body colour is Basalt Black so would be less striking...

:grin: :grin: Ah , in that case maybe retrimmed in leather as an option to consider, as you can see from the pics you can have the french stitching wherever you like

Attachments

• 2996014_622.jpg
    2996014_622.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,406
  • dsc034641_392.jpg
    dsc034641_392.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 1,399

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member