Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hi all, am back in a 997 and loving every minute!

swarwi

Hi guys, trust you all doing well and still enjoying your rides.

Im back into a 997.2 and absolutely loving it, we have a 2017 Macan SD for the family and daily drive now, have to say after 22K miles its been faultless, but since selling my 992.2 (2008) back in 2016 was missing that car thats there to just take for a drive even if there is nowhere to go.

for all those asking if are 997.2 reliable, I had our old one for 3 years, it was my daily drive back then, i was doing 120miles per day and put around 60K on the clock,

the only thing that went on it during ownership was the radiator at the front, a suspension arm, discs & pads and a couple sets of boots. not bad at all!

My new budget was 50K and I was debating

Early 991.1 S with high miles or

997.2 S with very low miles - I'm sure you will hopefully agree either car is not a bad decision,

After lots of research, I drove both back to back, and they were both awesome cars and guess its all down to personal opinion and taste,

the 991 was first up and very nice, black 2012 (S) 58K on the clock, TBH it looked and felt almost identical to the Macan cockpit inside, albiet a lot lower, on the test drive it was fast, but didn't really make me smile, it did everything really well indeed but was a little too good? - it seemed to be missing that 'naughtiness' - even with that, I did like the external styling and wanted it SO BAD to be the car i was going to buy, but it was missing something

am i going crazy.... i kept asking myself....

Up next was a 2011 997.2 (S) with 22K on the clock, as soon as i took it up the road i KNEW it was the car for me, it was so engaging to drive, the right noises coming out the back, the cockpit felt like, mmm like - Porsche. the dials, the buttons, the handling, the decision was made.

below is the spec,
Year 2011
- Sport Chrono Plus Package
- PSE – Porsche Sports Exhaust
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- Telephone Module For PCM
- Extended Black Leather package
- Heated Seats
- Rear Park Assist
- 7 Speed PDK Gearbox
- Basalt Black Metallic
- 19 Inch Turbo 2 Alloys
- Extended PCM 3 Touchscreen SatNav
- Sport Design Steering Wheel With Paddleshift
- Universal Audio Interface With IPod Connectivity
- Colour Crested Wheel Centres

@Phil997 Please let me know if you guys still do meet-ups would love to come along, we still live in Reading area.

Congrats
I haven't driven mine in anger over the past 6 weeks, but got the chance today. It still gives me a smile 4.5 years after I got it. I've not driven a 991, but I've read of loads of people having the same experience as you. The spec looks lovely too.
Post some pics up when you get a chance :thumb:

Great post and I think you made the right choice... looking forward to seeing pictures :thumbs:

Stephen, Welcome back mate and a nice opening post, the car sounds great and I think your summery of the difference between a 997.2 and a 991.1 is spot on. :grin: we still meet up but I havent organised much recently as my cars at Hartech hopefully something not to expensive just hard to sort :grin: member fastbug has taken control of sorting the southcoast meets ( he was enthusiastic to and I was happy to take a bit of a back seat ) and there should be another sometime in October. catch up soon mate :thumb: :thumb:

Nice to hear :)

:congrats:

But you new this was coming! :useless:

swarwi said:
hi guys, here you go

Stephen if the pic doesnt come out when you go to preview or its side on etc then its too big try reducing it and it should attach :thumb: :thumb:

trying again, sorry.

Attachments

• img_4018_987.jpg
    img_4018_987.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,835
That looks lovely, congrats :thumb: Love the wheels.

Thanks for posting, car looks lovely.

Mine is similar spec to yours. :thumb:

I've had mine for over 3 years now and have been contemplating changing for a 991, but have read a few posts like yours which has made me change my mind and I'm going to keep it. I did a track session in it and realised it is so much more car than I would ever need and I have really connected with it. They are wonderful cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back