Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Permanent trickle solution

spongebob squarepants

As title really I have a nice new CTek 3.8 and would like ideas for permanent fit, ie- plug available without lifting the frunk. I'm presuming some have purchased an extension or longer leads and popped these out through the front? So after fastening the eyelets extend the lead on pic 2?

SBSP what a few of the guys down here have done is create a feed upto the scuttle under the little section that comes off to access the screws that hold the scuttle . this way its invisable all the time apart from when you want to leave the car on charge and you just pop the small scuttle section off and plug the trickle in . its a very neat solution and allows you to lock and secure the car :thumb: try a PM to member monster as he has picks of how to do it :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Try driving it :judge:

:grin:

I could but it won't start :grin:

I used to just keep the frunk "popped" which allowed me to keep everything closed (although not locked) whilst charging.. I had the eyelets on the battery terminals and it was simply plug the extention in and go!

I was thinking about pushing some wires through the scuttle as Phil suggested but I was keeping my car in a locked garage anyway

If you look at the trim panel the wipers go in then n/s/f you will see a cover .. it pulls off.

I have in the past fitted the ctek lead into that area so you just pull off the cover and plug it in.... a little bit of " fettleing " is required .

At OPC and we just used to have it on the n/s and popping out under the bonnet .. it can fall back in though and no were to fix it with a cable tie etc .

EDIT .. pretty much what phil has said :oops:

deMort said:
If you look at the trim panel the wipers go in then n/s/f you will see a cover .. it pulls off.

I have in the past fitted the ctek lead into that area so you just pull off the cover and plug it in.... a little bit of " fettleing " is required .

At OPC and we just used to have it on the n/s and popping out under the bonnet .. it can fall back in though and no were to fix it with a cable tie etc .

Yes but in a more understandable way ... :grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
deMort said:

Yes but in a more understandable way ... :grin:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :dont know:

With regards to a 'free' power source for charging, I was watching this on the news tonight. Amazing invention and I reckon it'll only be a year or two when you'll be able to buy a mini wind turbine that'll churn out enough power to keep your battery topped up:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-generate-electricity-renewable-a8524561.html

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F49753bc2-b04e-11e8-a553-a0ee9be48bc6.jpg

alex yates said:
With regards to a 'free' power source for charging, I was watching this on the news tonight. Amazing invention and I reckon it'll only be a year or two when you'll be able to buy a mini wind turbine that'll churn out enough power to keep your battery topped up:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-generate-electricity-renewable-a8524561.html

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F49753bc2-b04e-11e8-a553-a0ee9be48bc6.jpg

Alex, that was a very interesting read, potentially another great British innovation . I stupidly decided to read the comments expecting praise etc for these guys. but it just reminded me of the wishy washy wasters we have in this country . slagging off these two inventors because they accepted an award from a brexiteer, moaning more about Dyson another highly successful brit and his politics ,rather than commenting about the idea these guys have come up with.. god we have some dross in the UK it really left me flat after reading a great article .

Too many trolls and keyboard warriors these days with nothing better to do than nit pick at folk who do stuff. End of the day they're just a set of jealous simpletons.

These lads have really created a masterpiece and the options with their new invention are endless. It's like a propeller that can pull in any direction at any given moment. Totally mind blowing. :eek:

alex yates said:
Too many trolls and keyboard warriors these days with nothing better to do than nit pick at folk who do stuff. End of the day they're just a set of jealous simpletons.

These lads have really created a masterpiece and the options with their new invention are endless. It's like a propeller that can pull in any direction at any given moment. Totally mind blowing. :eek:

Agreed mate , I am not an engineer and even I can see its potential . good luck to them a very clever idea . I like these ideas the sort of thing you could easily have on every home and no uglier than a sky dish :thumb: has to be better than fields full of things you can see from 10 miles away . :thumb: :thumb:

I have the cigarette lighter adaptor for ctek, the cable can come out of the door when closed allowing the car to be locked and alarmed.

James M-S said:
I have the cigarette lighter adaptor for ctek, the cable can come out of the door when closed allowing the car to be locked and alarmed.

I'd discounted the cigarette option presuming the doors couldn't be closed? It doesn't trap the cable then :dont know: :? And does it charge as well as directly connecting to the battery?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back