Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fault code reader

Shurv

Mexico City
I get the occasional fault code on my dash since I replaced my cats with 200 cel big bore ones. It costs me a tenner to get the code removed each time, so I am after my own one so I can remove them myself. Can anyone recommend a decent model, then tell me where I plug it in?

I have an ELM 327 bluetooth OBD dongle that costs about £3 from ebay and the Torque app on my android phone, reads fault codes and clears the EML light with a few taps of the phone screen and works on all makes of cars.
I also have the Porsche Specific icarsoft 960 fault code reader for non EML codes for airbags and abs faults etc which is about £100 from the manufacturers :thumb:

I also have a bluetooth plug like Kris & the Torque app on my Xtrons head unit so I can see live data, faults, GPS info, the works whilst I'm on the move.

Thanks Guys, I shall get the one you linked to Alex, looks just the job. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Do you have a link for one?

wasz said:
I use a chinese "piwis" from eBay, its actually a durametric clone nothing like Piwis. I think it was £8 delivered.

Does everything, live data, over-revs the lot, but I have to tell it my car is a 993 for it to reset airbag lights.

I tried one but never got it to work so I bought a 2nd hand Durametric (enthusiast model with one car used) and that's fine.

:thumbs: Cheers.

I bought the cheap Chinese clone too - but couldn't get it work on any of the modules except the alarm. So it was useful to know which bit was causing the odd alarm not setting thing.. but no luck with things like ABS, gearbox, A/C etc etc.

I think 996.1 has better luck?
Oh you also need an XP computer. Not one in a VM environment - an actual XP laptop.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back