Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C2S Radiator Upgrade/GT3 third radiator

997porker

My radiators have seen better days and the car is going to get some track days under its belt next year.

I have been thinking about adding a third radiator like the GT3s. The two side rads need replacing at some point soon, they've seen better days. Are the OEM rads the only way to go? Are there decent aftermarket rads that will perform as well and save a lump of cash?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I had a chat with a bloke in Derbyshire who does bucket loads of rad work on P cars and he's advised me that Behr Hella are the OEM manufacturer only difference is that one has a yellow Porsche sticker, the other doesn't. All on the same production line and specs. I can't remember his name off to hand but will have a look later for it.
Seemed to know his stuff.

I have the stock set up, and despite some hard running (both track nights and hill climbs in the UAE), I never saw oil temperatures higher than 120c. As such, I don't have a third radiator as I never saw the need, but it can't do any harm I suppose.

Perhaps it was only required on the 997.1? Someone can correct me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back