Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 C2S brake issue

VonDirk

The brake pedal is nice and firm when I get in the car (regardless of handbrake on/off). However, once engine running the pedal goes spongy. I can pump it to get it firm again, but if I hold my foot on the brake the pedal slowly drops to the floor. It returns when I lift my foot. Also no signs of fluid leaking.

Any ideas?

Hi VD
You have air in the system that will need bleeding. Any garage can carry this out for not much money if you don't fancy tackling the job yourself.
Have a look on YouTube and get your spanners out - may lead to an addiction for fetling and the odd mod' here and there
:thumb:

Agreed it sounds like air , have you checked to see if you have any brake fluid on the floor or on the brakes or have you just had the brakes done or fluid change .

Thanks all, it was just air in the system. After a bleed they're fine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back