Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hard clutch

Sid85

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance / advice. Over the bank holiday weekend I went to start my car (997.1 turbo manual) which had been sitting unused for a couple weeks and the clutch was incredibly difficult to press to get the thing started. Once started it operated normally.

I have booked in with Autofarm over the coming weeks, but would any appreciate any advice on what the potential issue could be? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thanks

Sid

I think there is some form of accumulator which gives assistance to clutch operation that can leak vacuum over a period of inactivity and needs replacing. :thumb:

steve baker said:
I think there is some form of accumulator which gives assistance to clutch operation that can leak vacuum over a period of inactivity and needs replacing. :thumb:

There certainly is, its like a ball shaped thing.

I had an issue with my clutch earlier in the year, but it was more of a case that the pedal went to the floor and stayed there. After lots of pumping the clutch came back to normal, but then over night it would go to the floor again. In my case it was the slave & master cylinders needed replacing, but I also had the accumulator replaced at the same time.

What a great forum this is.

:thumbs: to Steve & rabbit

Hi Sid,

For some time I replaced the Accumulator.
Not a complicated job

Regards Hans

Attachments

• img_0279_bewerkt_156.jpg
    img_0279_bewerkt_156.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 1,128
  • img_0308_bewerkt_175.jpg
    img_0308_bewerkt_175.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,128
  • wm_303119_randi_pressure_accumulator_turbo_830.pdf
    169.9 KB · Views: 48
Hi Hans, thank you. The WM is very useful, at the very least I'll know what the mechanics are talking about / looking at it, it if is indeed the cause of the problem.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back