Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full suspension refurb at CG - fixed :)

drmark

Nurburgring
Heading up to Chris Franklin at CG tomorrow for new damptronics plus everything else required to take suspension back to as new. Car is 55k 08 997 C4s cab (my wife's) and ride has become a bit crashy with clacking noises over low speed bumps - front and back.
Will post updates and impressions next week. It is the third car we have taken to Chris so looking forward to the results.

Have a good day, it's always an education, are you staying with the car or leaving it with them and returning to pick it up?

MJA911 said:
Have a good day, it's always an education, are you staying with the car or leaving it with them and returning to pick it up?

Leaving it for a week. Stayed for last two so seen Chris at work.

did the same last summer, but opted for springs rather than new coilovers etc

CG are one of the few shops that really made me feel like they care and their expertise around suspensions is just phenomenal! completely transformed my car

not cheap, but definitely worth it!

Re: Full suspension refurb at CoG

drmark said:
Heading up to Chris Franklin at CoG tomorrow for new damptronics plus everything else required to take suspension back to as new.

Bilstein damptronics? Did not know they or anyone had those in stock :?:

Re: Full suspension refurb at CoG

apollokre1d said:
drmark said:
Heading up to Chris Franklin at CoG tomorrow for new damptronics plus everything else required to take suspension back to as new.

Bilstein damptronics? Did not know they or anyone had those in stock :?:

They have been on back order for a while. Managed to get some from Bilstein a couple of weeks ago.

Excellent good to know - I waited 10 months and cancelled my order but if they are now available I'll try again :)

apollokre1d said:
Excellent good to know - I waited 10 months and cancelled my order but if they are now available I'll try again :)

'Porsche" ones are only £150 more looking at my quote and available next day.

I took my 997 there earlier in the year. I was convinced my original shocks were all knackered but after they tested them, they said they were all perfectly fine. Car had 94,000 miles on it so I was quite pleased.

I already had a DSC box and MPS4S tyres, but after CoG set the geometry all up the car now handles like its on rails.

We have rough roads around us but even so I was surprised what my wife has managed to wear out in just over 50k miles.

On top of the dampers we were replacing anyway, the car needs:

All (front and rear) track control and diagonal arms
All top mounts
Bump stops and ARB bushes

Back on the ground now for final geo. Bill looking like it will be close to £5k :eek:
Should drive like new though. Chris also picked up slight imbalance in two wheels and some DTV in front discs (which we knew about) - both now sorted.
Budget wise I would preferred to have replaced bits as they failed over months / years but there was so much wear that this seems the best solution - do it all in one go, sort the geo and forget for another 5 years (hopefully).

I am sure the damptronics cost a good chunk of that... expensive but I am sure it is worth it. I will definitely do this soon.

apollokre1d said:
I am sure the damptronics cost a good chunk of that... expensive but I am sure it is worth it. I will definitely do this soon.

Labour £1000 for diagnosis, fitting (he did brakes for me too), geo etc. Damptronics £1400. Both ex-Vat.
Rest of cost was the 8 arms, 4 top mounts and bump stops and bushes.

Admired your car when I collected mine :thumb:

Thanks. My wife's pride and joy. My 911 days over for a while but had a couple of great ones that Chris fettled to perfection. Good guy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back