Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another bad experience at a Indy

Jonnywise

Trainee
Took my car to have is major service done and water pump replaced at a recommended Indy near me,picked my car up today and 2 miles down the road warning light comes on check coolant level we can all guest what they have not check themselves :?:

It must be me and Indy's don't mix :x

Its not uncommon to get an airlock in the pipe after changing the pump but having said that I would have expected them to have known that and rechecked the levels several times.

Isn't it the case that an airlock could have been released during your drive to cause that? I remember when the water pump was replaced on a previous car, garage said to check the levels after a drive or two for that reason.

Jonnywise said:
Took my car to have is major service done and water pump replaced at a recommended Indy near me,picked my car up today and 2 miles down the road warning light comes on check coolant level we can all guest what they have not check themselves :?:

It must be me and Indy's don't mix :x

who was this Indy ?

and are they fixing this ?

Indy

Dint really wanted to name and shame them
They were closing when I was leaving so,I will contact
Them in the morning.no advice given on checking levels
After a few miles,I would of thought they would say
Bring it back and we will top it up ,but I don't want
To drive it with the warning light on and if it's not a
Air block it could be a leak

Jonny

Given that water cooled 911s are notoriously difficult to bleed after work on the cooling system, I would give them the benefit of the doubt on this one as long as it didn`t overheat ?
Let them sort it out, everyone makes mistakes afterall :?:

Hopefully just an air lock. They should have taken it for a quick test drive to make sure this didn't happen to you though

I had the same issue when I had my water pump replaced. It needed topping up by a litre seems fine now.

After I had my coolant flush, I was told that airlocks were likely, and that I should keep an eye on it. It took some time, but I ended up adding a full litre of coolant to reach the right level on the expansion tank. I would have been concerned if a light popped up: suggest you simply take it back for a top up.

Not being funny but air locks when doing any work on the cooling system are the most common thing ever. For an Indy not to have sorted this is pretty lame.

I would at least expect them to make you aware of air locks, give you a container full of coolant and ask you to check and top up repeatedly over the next few days until it settles.

Bad Practice!

Indy

Here was There replie

Dear Jonny,

I did have the technician check a few times before you collected however sometimes the car does hold an air bubble unless it gets to certain temperatures. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We added enough coolant so the water won't affect the coolant/water ratio.

Please let me know if you have anymore trouble and I will get it sorted

Kindest regards

Should've told you that when you collected the car.

Did he tell you what to top it up with, tap water, distilled water, deionised water?

Indy

No Alex,they did not mention anything,when I picked
It up just asked for my credit card

Jonny

I replaced my water pump last week and it took a good few days and 50 or so miles until the water level settled.
Don't forget to check your bleed valve is shut once you are happy all the air has been released.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back