Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery change advice...

Richtw

I have read mixed reviews/ reports of swapping the battery on a 997.2. Am I right in my assumption that I can simply swap the battery and drive down the road to clear the dash errors?

I have read mixed reports ranging from has to go on a PIWIS, all will be fine apart from the heated seats wont work, through to just do it and drive down the road it'll be fine.....

Anyone shed some light/ experience?

Thanks

battery

Yep,

Just change the battery........i disconnected mine for about 2 months (2009 C2S) with heated seats while i was getting some interior retrimmed.......

Just plugged it back in and after the dash lights cleared everything worked fine, including the heated seats! :thumbs:

Thank you ..... much appreciated :)

Ill just point out the heated seats bit .. yes this can happen but more so with a flat battery and its still pretty rare.

Basically the heated seats will no longer work .. there are 2 other minor things that can also stop working but i forgot :oops:

Anyways if you ever get heated seats inop and have had a battery go flat or be replaced then you need a garage to do something called a vehicle handover with a tester .. all will then be well.

Reguards messages after a battery disconnect then a short drive will fix them.

Reset the windows though .. press and hold the up button with the window closed for 5 seconds.

Gen 2 997 and after fitting the battery turn the ignition on but dont start it or touch the throttle for 30 seconds in that time .

Battery swapped, no drama, pasm warning light which vanished after about 50m. Window reset. Job done :) oh and the heated seats still work :)

Richtw said:

Battery swapped, no drama, pasm warning light which vanished after about 50m. Window reset. Job done :) oh and the heated seats still work :)

Recently replaced my OEM original battery last weekend. And like you all working well and messages cleared after a very short distance down the road.

Had to read the manual to make sure it wasn't like my 996 where you have to have the key in position 1 to stop the alarm going off :lol: (I was still cautious whilst disconnecting the terminal in case it rang out :what: :grin: )

Bosch S5 010 should do the job now :D

My battery is on the way out, (997.2) anyone know roughly how much the OPC will flease me for a replacement? (Still under warranty)

Nothing to stop me buying a genuine battery from OPC and fitting myself? OPC have said just call assistance, they will come out, get the vehicle to OPC and arrange a courtesy car, but I'll still have a bill, which will take the ownership costs up from zero :eek:

OPC Wilmslow 319.99 fully fitted, ***** it I'll buy a trickle charger :eek:

Just shy of £300 to supply and fit. Battery was £220 and half an hour labour.

Ouch. £77.39 for a Bosch S4 60 amp / hour with 4 year guarantee at ECP with discount code.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back