Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Broken down, cut out. Fuel tank collapsed, bent sender

infrasilver

Sat here going no where on the M1, car just cut out like I had run out of fuel.

Turns over fine but will not fire, had a couple of times where it nearly caught but nothing now. 60 miles of range in the tank and no fault codes.

WAS on my way to Spa for the F1 this weekend, only got 30 miles into the journey. :sad: :sad:

Hope its only something minor mate and your soon on your way, bloody 911s :grin: :grin:

Good luck for getting it sorted. You know more than most about these so don't feel I can add anything useful.

MC

Fuel pump relay? :dont know:

Failing that, whip your mankini on and get your thumb out Chris. Bound to get some hot chicks pulling over in an F car and giving you a ride.

Good luck mate!

Do injection cars splutter? I thought they just died...

Was your fuel gauge showing low?

Ghianightmare said:
Do injection cars splutter? I thought they just died...

Was your fuel gauge showing low?

They do if they start pumping air through instead of fuel.

Tough luck Chris.

:eek: ......... not again. :nooo:

Good Luck in getting it sorted.

I think you need to treat yourself to something different for next year - there's a lot of that about. :D

It turned out to be fuel or lack of. Strange that it just died though, I've had previous injection cars that have spluttered to a halt before.

The strange thing is the range showed around 50 miles left and the reserve light wasn't lit but it did fire up first time with a gallon of fuel in it.

Currently at the French side of the tunnel :thumbs: :thumbs:

Great news!

Good job you had a mate and not one of those wife type of people sitting next to you - you would have to listen to how she told you to stop for petrol earlier etc etc !!! :thewife:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back