Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ambient Light

mikee

Hi all

Quick question. Only just bought a 997 and not sure how and when the ambient light is supposed to work and be on..

I think mine might be broken! I've dismantled the mirror casing and found the little square LED but I can't seem to make it come on, so not sure if its broken or I'm doing something wrong. Both wires seem intact.

I found the option in the PCM to adjust brightness but that does nothing..

Is it always supposed to be on, or just when you use headlights, or does it have some sort of light sensor in it so it only comes on at night?

Cheers, please put me out of my misery, its driving me crazy :floor:

Orientation light I presume. I expect it uses the same ambient light sensor as the instrument lighting.

The orientation lights turn on when you unlock and remain on until the car is locked. I believe you can adjust the brightness as follows

>Main menu
Vehicle

>Settings

>Lighting & visibility

>Interior lights
>.amb/light
Confirm

>Adjust brightness

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members