Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice please on car I am looking to buy

KA

Hi,

Have posted recently on looking to move into the 911 family.

I have seen and driven a car locally and I am a big fan of it, details below:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803194721701?atmobcid=soc3

The car has been serviced by a local Indy for the last 4 years, the same place who they will put it through a service with pre-purchase and who I will be asking to complete a PPI and borescope. Car is very tidy compared to what I would expect for the year (based on my limited knowledge and what I have garnered from you gents/ladies on here).

Would like to understand if you think this is a fair price point for the car as the dealer is not moving much apart from putting a service on the car and and dealing with any fallout of that and a new mot (clearing any advisories). I am comfortable financially for it and leaving myself a couple grand for the first year of ownership (to cover the unknown!)

Any comments or advice gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

KA

I'd get a third party to PPI, the old Judge and Executioner story, but that's just me :judge:

2 small things about the ad' :frustrated: :

1) wheels bolts :dont know:

2) Swinton Insurance and old tax disc paperwork :nooo:

Pics look really good though :thumb:

I hope she's yours soon :thumbs:

Looks like a 6 year service gap too
detective.gif

:?

It looks like a decent car at a price that was about right until the recent lull.

The front end looks very clean which probably means that like most 14 year old 911s it's had a repaint. Double, nay treble check that you're happy with the colour match of the wings and front PU (bumper) to the rest of the car because if you're not it will bug you forever. Silver is very hard to get right.

Good Luck :thumb:

T8 said:
It looks like a decent car at a price that was about right until the recent lull.

The front end looks very clean which probably means that like most 14 year old 911s it's had a repaint. Double, nay treble check that you're happy with the colour match of the wings and front PU (bumper) to the rest of the car because if you're not it will bug you forever. Silver is very hard to get right.

Good Luck :thumb:

Damn you!! Once its seen it cannot be unseen... Bumper in the pictures looks a different shade, will need to see it again in the flesh and out in natural light

Thanks for that - exactly the type of stuff I am looking for help with, not exactly something to prevent moving forward but it is useful for weighing up

HSC911 said:
I'd get a third party to PPI, the old Judge and Executioner story, but that's just me :judge:

2 small things about the ad' :frustrated: :

1) wheels bolts :dont know:

2) Swinton Insurance and old tax disc paperwork :nooo:

Pics look really good though :thumb:

I hope she's yours soon :thumbs:

That makes sense and is good advice, will look to go to a different place for inspection. Wheel bolts is another good spot that I had missed

HSC911 said:
detective.gif

How concerning should this be? I can check through the paperwork to see if theres anything, see if redline had hold of the car within that window (they did the services each side of the gap)

Cheers,

KA

HSC911 said:
detective.gif

But the write up states "boasting full service history". Surely they wouldn't lie just to get you through the door..... or would they...?

Anyway, I think it makes my Midnight Blue one with fewer miles look a positive bargain. :wink:

If it has 6 year service gap, don't buy it simple as that, massively devalues it. I was looking at a very nice 997.1 Turbo, same thing big service gap, its still for sale months later.
On that subject a stamp isn't a service unless its backed by invoices (for me anyway)
911v have a lovely red turbo in at the moment, I'm sure they will sell it, but 4 year service gap, that car would be already gone normally before the pics were taken.....

spongebob squarepants said:
If it has 6 year service gap, don't buy it simple as that, massively devalues it. I was looking at a very nice 997.1 Turbo, same thing big service gap, its still for sale months later.
On that subject a stamp isn't a service unless its backed by invoices (for me anyway)
911v have a lovely red turbo in at the moment, I'm sure they will sell it, but 4 year service gap, that car would be already gone normally before the pics were taken.....

Assume you meant to say 'go for it, it will be fine...'

Advice heeded and will avoid.

Early days in this search and conscious I need to be patient but damn there is so much to take in and consider each time!!

KA said:
spongebob squarepants said:

Assume you meant to say 'go for it, it will be fine...'

Advice heeded and will avoid.

Early days in this search and conscious I need to be patient but damn there is so much to take in and consider each time!!

I'm gunning for dealers today lol. Here's the lowdown from the dealer... The wonders of modern tech. :grin: According to Liam its mileage not age dependent... And although its has full history he needs to check, surely do that before advertising it?

how to do a screen shot

Is this the good Redline or the bad one :dont know:

:angel: or :bandit:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Is this the good Redline or the bad one :dont know:

:angel: or :bandit:

:thumb:

This is Aklam car centre

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads