Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any 993 owners got another 911 as well?

acme

Purely out of interest do any of us 993 owners have another one too, perhaps a water cooled for daily use?

I've never seen the point in having two cars the same, but I'm beginning to appreciate the other models in a new light recently.

Cheers

Had my 993 for 18 years, but in 2014 I thought I may replace it with a 996 Turbo...I thought I would buy the Turbo before selling the 993 and ended up keeping both.
They have totally different characters, technology/power/handling the 996 Turbo wipes the floor with the 993.
The Turbo is up for sale as I need some cash, but Im quite happy going back to the 993 as it has so much character, is so much fun and actually more pleasant to drive ....so Yes I have.
As of Sunday Ill be back to one...the old faithful :thumb:

I would not use a 911 as a daily and did not see the point of getting another as a toy / wanted a convertible so after a short dalliance with looking at 997/991's I started to look at 981's as I prefer the convertible shape and drive. I've not regretted that one bit as to me I have one of the best drivers cars you can buy to compliment the 993 which is one of the best classics you can buy :thumb:

jonttt said:
I would not use a 911 as a daily and did not see the point of getting another as a toy / wanted a convertible so after a short dalliance with looking at 997/991's I started to look at 981's as I prefer the convertible shape and drive. I've not regretted that one bit as to me I have one of the best drivers cars you can buy to compliment the 993 which is one of the best classics you can buy :thumb:

Hopefully you'll bring the 993 to the bulls head to prove its existence? Instead of the hairdressers car? :grin:

acme said:
Purely out of interest do any of us 993 owners have another one too, perhaps a water cooled for daily use?

I've never seen the point in having two cars the same, but I'm beginning to appreciate the other models in a new light recently.

Cheers

Just because you built a big enough garage with a spare space doesn't mean you have to fill it, or does it!! It did look better with another Porsche in there on Sunday! :?: :?: :?:

i have a 981 Cayman as a 'daily', have been toying with the idea of replacing it with a 997.2 of some sort, but am prevaricating. the cayman is a great car and I've had it from new, so may keep it longer. poss ending up with a 991.1 when the price spec works for me. (keeping the 993 of course!)

Use my 993 as a daily car, and I have a 997 GT3 Clubsport as an occasional weekend car. Latter is in theory part of my pension plan

RobIpswichUK said:
acme said:

Cheers

Just because you built a big enough garage with a spare space doesn't mean you have to fill it, or does it!! It did look better with another Porsche in there on Sunday! :?: :?: :?:

Haha, no denying it looked cracking with two 993's in there. Got some great photos of the rear three quarters in particular.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Wondered if it's a bit like driving the 993 daily and it loses its charm.

Not yet. In my dream garage I would have

911 2.4 S - sports purpose(d)
997 GT3 RS Gen 1

One day Rodney

I do have sone other cool cars whixh certainly do the job of a modern 911

I had a 964 C4 Targa along with my 993 Cab when I was in Q8. Sold the 964 to a mate and it now lives in Zell an see Austria, got to see it last year on a visit there, it was like meeting up with an old friend. Wish I hadn't sold it to be honest. :sad:

ATB :)

Attachments

• 964_and_993_together_424.jpg
    964_and_993_together_424.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 3,661
Have had my 993 C4S for almost 10 years and have a 3.2 CS. that I have owned for almost as long.
All though both are aircooled the 993 feels like a luxury after stepping fro the CS.
I would like to add another 911 or Cayman of the watercooled variant but can't make my mind up which one. And if honest with myself it would be a waste as I no longer drive as much as I used to. This is due to work and living in London.

I have had my 993 since 2001 and also have a 997.1 GT3. Neither is a daily or gets out very often.

decgraham said:
I had a 964 C4 Targa along with my 993 Cab when I was in Q8. Sold the 964 to a mate and it now lives in Zell an see Austria, got to see it last year on a visit there, it was like meeting up with an old friend. Wish I hadn't sold it to be honest. :sad:

ATB :)

Really??, we have a place down the road from Zell in Kaprun, we visit a couple times a year, I know the Porsche family have a place there too.

I intend to take the 993 on a road trip there in a few years....

I had my C2S and my GT3 for a short while before I sold the GT3....

Trev

Windy101 said:
I have had my 993 since 2001 and also have a 997.1 GT3. Neither is a daily or gets out very often.

Mmmmm I keep looking at 6 and 7 GT3's...I drove a 6.2 GT3 years ago and loved it...

Fulla said:
Windy101 said:

Mmmmm I keep looking at 6 and 7 GT3's...I drove a 6.2 GT3 years ago and loved it...

The danger with having more than one is your don't have any more spare time to use them, so end up probably spending even less time driving.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back