Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to? open front side light covers 997.1

Porschekit

Suzuka
It seems like it should be easy for the purposes of replacing a bulb but.....the manual says insert the card (from the service book) in the gap at the edge of the side light (my car is 9 years old so of course there is no card) and pop it out.
I tried using a credit card which seems to fit nicely but the lens just won't pop out. The manual says there are two "nibs" that may need to be depressed to release it but I can't feel any. there must be a simple knack or procedure??

help required please.... :thumb:

There is no knack it's just quite tight sometimes and you have to really push the card in, it might even be loose but just won't pop out fully so you might need to help it with a pry tool. Just mind your paint

Ah....so a credit card on the vertical and a wallpaper scraper on the horizontal to prise it out.... very technical.... :grin: I know what you mean about protecting the paint though....I'll give it a dab... :thumb:

All other known solutions gratefully accepted... :D

I tend to use a couple or even 3 old credit cards to do this.
One you see the way it fixes, it helps.

The release tab is only on the end nearest the middle of the car, not on top or bottom of the unit.
The cards are depressing a plastic tab inwards so the unit pivots at the outer edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back