Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cargraphic centre x pipe on a PSE 997.2

Zenzi

Hi guys, have been pondering getting rid of my factory centre muffler and replacing it with a Cargraphic x-pipe. Sounds great on their website. I've had a lot of guys tell me its best to listen to it in person although, unfortunately, there aren't any 997.2's with Cargraphic exhausts fitted out here in India. Since i'll be traveling to London next month i was wondering if there was anyone in the South Kensington area with a 997.2 PSE + cargraphic x pipe car that i could pop by and listen to to help me make my decision?

From what I've been told it will release a bit of sound but not bucketloads. It's a bang for buck equation for most. Bear in mind that that the swap will require some ravaging of rusty bolts, but as you aren't doing the whole thing it shouldn't be too bad

Which ones are you looking at the x pipe super sound with strom collisions or sound version without strom collisions . mine is the centre exit with strom collisions but I also have the rest of the cargraphic boxes and 200 cell cats as well so it would be no good listening to mine. but you need to be aware there are two types and decide which sound your after.

Phil 997 said:
Which ones are you looking at the x pipe super sound with strom collisions or sound version without strom collisions . mine is the centre exit with strom collisions but I also have the rest of the cargraphic boxes and 200 cell cats as well so it would be no good listening to mine. but you need to be aware there are two types and decide which sound your after.

i'm after the super sound ones without the gas stream collision as stated on their website. What does your's sound like? is it significantly louder than the PSE because they only only issue i have with the 997.2 gen cars is the exhaust note, even with PSE its really boring.

do you notice any additional power or different throttle response with your car since you had the exhaust changed?

Have a listen to the attached vid but IMO the full cargraphic set up makes the PSE sound like a tesla lol.
This is a video of Sandbanks that a car blogger put on you tube. my car is at
38secs in to 1.17secs and again at 10.38 . the rest of the vid is worth watching as well lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk5zcEnfeFw

I have the full cargraphic exhaust with 200cell cats and centre x pipe as you will hear the strom collection gives some nice crackles and pops , its been measured at 133.9db so it is a bit gates of hell opening :floor: so you wont be sneaking anywhere with it :floor: :thumb:

I had a Topgear Xpipe rear muffler bypass fitted a few weeks ago to my PSE. Sounds great without being too loud. PSE on there is definitely more boom to it but with PSE off it adds a nice rasp while not annoying the neighbors.

At low revs it's barely noticeable but at 4k+ rpm it come alive and is rather addictive :p I haven't noticed any changes in performance other than I am more inclined to floor it :D

I'll check out the topgear too. Does anyone have the sharkwerks and PSE combination? Those are really popular in the US. Not sure what it sounds like, hard to tell from videos. Is it loud or relatively tame?

Phil 997 said:
Have a listen to the attached vid but IMO the full cargraphic set up makes the PSE sound like a tesla lol.
38secs in to 1.17secs and again at 10.38 . the rest of the vid is worth watching as well lol.

I have the full cargraphic exhaust with 200cell cats and centre x pipe as you will hear the strom collection gives some nice crackles and pops , its been measured at 133.9db so it is a bit gates of hell opening :floor: so you wont be sneaking anywhere with it :floor: :thumb:

Is your car a GT3? Presume it will sound very different than mine even if i have the cargraphic system on my car

I have Sharkwerks and PSE. It makes it sound more like a 996 PSE. Without changing PSE it'll be as loud as any other centre silencer replacement.

Zenzi said:
I'll check out the topgear too. Does anyone have the sharkwerks and PSE combination? Those are really popular in the US. Not sure what it sounds like, hard to tell from videos. Is it loud or relatively tame?

There is a H&S group buy brewing in this thread that you may want to check out if not spotted already- Link

From memory they are extremely similar to Sharkwerks.

Zenzi said:
Phil 997 said:

Is your car a GT3? Presume it will sound very different than mine even if i have the cargraphic system on my car

No mate its a C4S will be the same sound as yours , only difference is I have centre exit to accomodate the RS bumpers :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilovecars
Back