Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo side air intake plastics

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
Don't know what they are called exactly, but I can only describe them as the side Turbo intake plastics behind the vent. They are grey and easily marked.

I want to have them painted, is this something anyone has done, are they easy to remove etc

Any information would be helpful

Ta :thumb:

when I got my Turbo the black plastic trim behind the vents had turned a bit greyish too. I just treated them with 303 Aerospace Protectant which made them look much better. I'm sure there is other products that will do a similar job but 303 works a treat and is also good for tarting up the engine bay.

Stevedickens said:
You can pull them quite easily I had mine carbon dipped worked quite well

Sounds like it can be done then, how easy are they to remove ?

I assumed you were talking about the ducting behind the side air intakes, but some of the responses make me wonder? If it's the ducting inside the air vents that direct air to the intercoolers, then they ned to come out fro underneath I believe.

In here right?

If so this is the ducting attached to the intercooler. The bottom left piece is the piece you can see if you look through your side air intake.

isysman said:
I assumed you were talking about the ducting behind the side air intakes, but some of the responses make me wonder? If it's the ducting inside the air vents that direct air to the intercoolers, then they ned to come out fro underneath I believe.

In here right?

If so this is the ducting attached to the intercooler. The bottom left piece is the piece you can see if you look through your side air intake.

Hi yes thats right I meant ducting behind the vents, and judging by your response they look a right pain to get at ?

I'm sure I've seen a black turbo on here with red highlights, Inc. the intercooler ducts, well the visible parts anyway.

Gtek trim restorer should also sort, but going for a gloss black wicked coating might also be an option.

As far as I know you have to remove the rear wheel, inner wheel ducting and then detach the air vent ducting that way. I'm not sure if you have to drop the entire thing like in my photo. I took that photo at DMS when they fitted my new intercoolers so I never did the work.

If you do then it's disconnect the intercooler, and detach the frame that holds it all in place. Not a quick job either way.

isysman said:
As far as I know you have to remove the rear wheel, inner wheel ducting and then detach the air vent ducting that way. I'm not sure if you have to drop the entire thing like in my photo. I took that photo at DMS when they fitted my new intercoolers so I never did the work.

If you do then it's disconnect the intercooler, and detach the frame that holds it all in place. Not a quick job either way.

Thanks, I might give it a miss then, I to was going to go for Red.

Boba fett said:
isysman said:

Thanks, I might give it a miss then, I to was going to go for Red.

Hmmm, good you're not bothering I'd say. Painting them red would look 5hite IMO. Merely an opinion, nothing more. If you think it would look great then crack on :thumbs:

Mine are very grey too. I was planning to just treat them with some trim restorer when I get the time.

MarkC4S said:
I think red, on black, could look pretty awesome 8)

My thoughts also, what with the calipers and rear lights, might do a photoshop jobbie !!

Probably a contender for the worst photoshop Job ever, but you get the picture...

Thoughts... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back