Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991GT3's dropping??

Norfolk & Idea

Just had a quick shufty on PH and the 991 GT3's market seems to have cooled off. And there's loads of them!

If this continues I may well be contemplating some creative man maths... :?:

I've been following prices and this last month or so the values have taken a big 'hit', could be lots of factors driving it but sales are not just slow they're virtually at a standstill.
The book value on a lot of 911's has dropped dramatically, some up to 5% just in the last few months.
I looked at a really nice GT 3 a few months ago, started at £129,995. Eventually it sold and the advertised price was £115,00, what the actual selling price was who knows but when I spoke to the seller (Trade) he was desperate to sell as I think he thought he would make money on it going up but it didn't.
It's def a buyers market, I dare say the really good cars will still hold their money but they'd have to exceptional in this market.
There's a lot of uneasiness in financial markets and what with that and the U.K. situation people are just saying 'I think I'll wait and see what happens'.
Good time to buy, if you've got the nerve and the cash spare!

I too had been considering the man maths on this.

I've been looking at an '08 green GT3 RS, the dealer's had it up for a year but hasn't dropped the price. I'm hoping they drop below the £100k mark....

Not a lot seems to be shifting at the moment, but I don't think prices have dropped though.

BCA have a 991 GT3 coming up for auction, four years old, 15k miles if I remember correctly, would be interesting to see what it goes for.

Cheers, Keith

Re: GT3's dropping??

Norfolk & Idea said:
Just had a quick shufty on PH and the 991 GT3's market seems to have cooled off. And there's loads of them!

If this continues I may well be contemplating some creative man maths... :?:

Big move down in everything, particulary the top end stuff, personally I'm hoping the pound keeps taking a battering too :thumb:

Any clubsport GT3 with no stories will be a good long term prospect.

Funnily enough I was looking yesterday and couldn't believe how many 991 GT3's are on the market. There are 55 on the Porsche Approved website alone and 77 on Autotrader!! An incredible 39 of the cars on Porsche Approved are the Gen2 version (arguably the better car) which will inevitably push down the prices of the Gen 1 cars. They range from £155k to a tenner shy of £208k. My guess is that a fair chunk of these (possibly the higher priced cars) will be SOR cars from customers who bought speculatively. As we know, Porsche really doesn't seem bothered about flippers so I'm sure they're content to have a GT3 in their showroom if (for now) there's still a chunk in it for them. Given the supply available I reckon some owners on SOR will be open to offers. The remaining Gen1 'stock" cars are likely ones taken in p/x against Gen2 models and the Gen2's probably p/x'd for money back against RS models. The Gen1 market has certainly slowed with many cars having been on the market for a while now (and prices dropped by enough to buy a used daily driver in many cases too!)

Controversial comment alert: For some people part of the appeal of the GT3 is exclusivity and I'm not sure the 991.1 ticks that box any more... I'd still have one though 8)

jkeith said:
BCA have a 991 GT3 coming up for auction, four years old, 15k miles if I remember correctly, would be interesting to see what it goes for.

Cheers, Keith

The BCA car has 19k miles and is in from Sytner Group. It's a Grade 2 so should be in pretty good nick, but given that Sytner Group has Porsche Approved dealers I would be sceptical as to why it's going through BCA. Interestingly its first MOT was due (and done) in October 2017 and it was MOT'd again on May 3rd this year with 19,137 and then again on July 12th with 19,195. No advisories on any MOT's. The cynic in me may suspect that it was sold in May with a full MOT but for whatever reason was returned / rejected for a refund and then sold again in July with another fresh MOT and has since been rejected again.... A one way ticket to BCA just passes the headache to someone else with no comebacks whatsoever. I could of course be wrong and it all could be perfectly innocent (people's circumstances can change very quickly), but that's an expensive risk for someone (else) to take.

I've also noted the drop on GT prices. Even a 997.2 GT3RS at an OPC is sub £150k. The 991 market is getting smashed by all those who got allocation for the 991.2 GT3 by giving up their 991.1 GT3 back to OPC. Release of 991.2 GT3RS and GT2RS will no doubt impacting values as owners trade in their cars.
Secondly with Br Exit looming, and uncertainty in the air, perhaps some have thinned out their holdings in cars just in case things go bad. I've seen a few extra high end homes on the market £2.5m+ on the market recently so perhaps this isn't just the car industry.
Could be wrong though....

squelch said:
jkeith said:

Cheers, Keith

The BCA car has 19k miles and is in from Sytner Group. It's a Grade 2 so should be in pretty good nick, but given that Sytner Group has Porsche Approved dealers I would be sceptical as to why it's going through BCA. Interestingly its first MOT was due (and done) in October 2017 and it was MOT'd again on May 3rd this year with 19,137 and then again on July 12th with 19,195. No advisories on any MOT's. The cynic in me may suspect that it was sold in May with a full MOT but for whatever reason was returned / rejected for a refund and then sold again in July with another fresh MOT and has since been rejected again.... A one way ticket to BCA just passes the headache to someone else with no comebacks whatsoever. I could of course be wrong and it all could be perfectly innocent (people's circumstances can change very quickly), but that's an expensive risk for someone (else) to take.

Wouldn't a none OPC service in the book (JZM etc) or none standard parts see it being punted to the trade?

kas750 said:
squelch said:
jkeith said:

Cheers, Keith

Wouldn't a none OPC service in the book (JZM etc) or none standard parts see it being punted to the trade?

Oops, forgot to mention the services. It's had two services, both at Main Dealer (presumably in 2016 and 2018 as per schedule). Two MOT's so close together shouts "rejected and re-sold" car to me. It would be interesting to see if both MOT's were done at the same place (I'm going to the MOT station on Monday so will ask them to look it up if I remember).

And with so many 991's in the OPC Approved network, what difference will one more make. I smell a rat! :nooo:

Carzana suggets it was listed last month at £119k but doesn't say where.

https://cazana.com/uk/car/LF64EPK

A friend bought one for £100k in May (that is were trade bids were at) ran for 6 weeks or so, serviced it and managed to get just shy of £110k

FZP said:
I've also noted the drop on GT prices. Even a 997.2 GT3RS at an OPC is sub £150k.

I didn't believe that when I read it but yes, up for 147 I think it was. It's 'high mileage" for one of these though at 30k-ish, which is really nothing (unless you're buying as an investment then it's very leggy). Also that's stlll about £60k more than when I was considering buying one about 5/6 years ago to put things in perspective

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back