Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in 2018 - Pioneer sph-da130dab - Cheshire

louisiana95

Had my '05 997.1 for 6 months or so, love it, but the PCM has been bugging me the longer I've had the car.

I read a few posts on here, before taking the plunge this weekend to get a Pioneer sph-da130dab fitted.

I went to RCA in Cheadle, who have done a few Porsches, and could not be more pleased. Their service was excellent, they talked me through the options, very knowledgable (ask for Liz) and they've done a great job with the install. If you are up in the North West then I'd definitely recommend them

I now have Apple Carplay, DAB, Spotify, fully integrated phone, maps etc, and had a reversing camera fitted too. Looks pretty 'stock' as well, with colour matched surround. The iPhone plugs in in the cubby between the seats.

I did worry about retaining the originality, but after a few seconds with the Pioneer I forgot all that. PCM is on the shelf just in case.

Anyways, couple of screen shots so you can marvel at 21st century tech in a car that pre-dates the iPhone!!

If you are considering doing it, then my advice is, do.

Cheers

Mark

Attachments

• img_7878_762.jpg
    img_7878_762.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 3,641
  • img_7878_762.jpg
    img_7878_762.jpg
  • img_7878_762.jpg
    img_7878_762.jpg
  • img_7879_451.jpg
    img_7879_451.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 3,641
  • img_7879_451.jpg
    img_7879_451.jpg
  • img_7879_451.jpg
    img_7879_451.jpg
  • img_7885_497.jpg
    img_7885_497.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 3,641
  • img_7885_497.jpg
    img_7885_497.jpg
  • img_7885_497.jpg
    img_7885_497.jpg
Looks bob on. How much?

You should and do a show and tell at the bulls head on the 8th seeing as you are local :whistle:

When you say that your iphone plugs in in the cubby between the seats, is it not connected by bluetooth?

I'm about to do a stereo upgrade and this looks spot on, but I'd want whatever I buy to connect via bluetooth rather than having to plug it in/out everytime I get in/out of the car.

alex yates said:
Looks bob on. How much?

For unit, surround, cables, reverse camera and install 795 GBP

I think the reverse camera added 200 GBP, so without 595 GBP

M

Robert SausageTrousers said:
When you say that your iphone plugs in in the cubby between the seats, is it not connected by bluetooth?

I'm about to do a stereo upgrade and this looks spot on, but I'd want whatever I buy to connect via bluetooth rather than having to plug it in/out everytime I get in/out of the car.

All functionality is available via Bluetooth, I believe with the exception of Apple CarPlay. If you want CarPlay functionality, then phone needs to be plugged in. And, having used Spotify, Maps and Phone through CarPlay I'd say its a must if you are thinking of upgrading, its so usable. If you're not a fan of Apple, you may disagree. Worth saying they do a version for Android, the 130 does not work with Android. . . .think Android version is 230, but don't quote me on that.

The cable from cubby also acts as a charger too.

I got a longer iPhone cable, so phone generally sits on passenger seat to be honest, so its no bother to plug in.

M

FZP said:
You should and do a show and tell at the bulls head on the 8th seeing as you are local :whistle:

Which one, Mobberley or Mottram?

What's the details?

M

OK thanks, where is the reverse camera fitted, do you have any pics?

+1.

Was thinking of fitting one on mine.

alex yates said:
OK thanks, where is the reverse camera fitted, do you have any pics?

+1.

Was thinking of fitting one on mine.

Its very discrete, just above license plate. I'll take a photo later today and post. Unless you are looking for it, you would miss it.

M

Thanks. :thumb:

I went for a Kenwood option in mine.

The reason is i wanted it to be independent of the iPhone so i dont have to plug it in.

It has carplay but also hardware buttons for volume etc so i don't have to take my eye off the road. Larger screen, Built in Garmin Nav with realtime traffic which is incredible. I remember being at the Ring, and someone crashed outside the petrol station. 10 mins later, it flashed up saying a nearby road was closed! Also a Spotify app independent of carplay, plus a CD/DVD drive if i ever need to play anything physical.

I didn't fit a reversing cam though, yours looks pretty cool!

Mezgerite said:

The reason is i wanted it to be independent of the iPhone so i dont have to plug it in.

It has carplay but also hardware buttons for volume etc so i don't have to take my eye off the road. Larger screen, Built in Garmin Nav with realtime traffic which is incredible. I remember being at the Ring, and someone crashed outside the petrol station. 10 mins later, it flashed up saying a nearby road was closed! Also a Spotify app independent of carplay, plus a CD/DVD drive if i ever need to play anything physical.

To be fair, lack of volume knob is only criticism I have. I have drifted a couple of times muting Mickey Quinn. Still, first world problem hey!!

Mezgerite said:

What model is it? any pics of it in the car?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back