Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Woes of selling a 996 Turbo

Galactus

Trainee
Such a strange market, I have been trying to sell my tip 996TT seriously for the last couple of months via SOR with GTOne in Chertsey on a sale or return basis.

Zero bites so far, the reason I went with them was the owner - Craig - is such a good and honest bloke, he is saying it's a really bad market and hardly any cars are shifting.

Question is, am I better of taking it back and trying to shift it myself (on various sites - ebay, autotrader etc), or should I just hold on to it for a while and try again next summer. :?:

Is any one else having similar difficulties in selling? Or am I missing something obvious in my attempt to sell?

The market is depressed across the board - Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche etc.
I was at Stratstone Ferrari Wilmslow recently and there were a couple of nice Ferrari cars on SOR that haven't moved and little interest in months - even with price reduction.

Its a good time to get one with sifter prices now than three years ago. But will they fall more??

I think trying to shift it privately is unlikely to be a stronger option.

Hold on and see what happens. Nobody can predict the future - might get easier, might get even harder as values fall even more.

Only you can be judge of what's best for you.

My only reason for saying that is that currently it is only advertised on PH and the pictures / description aren't exactly the best, but you are right it is very flat market at the moment and values are down across the board.

I'm just not using it so ideally want to move it on, may even consider px'ing it towards something else.

Without trying to start a Br Exit argument, are there any noises of people getting their money out of these types of assets until a solution has been implemented?

FZP said:
Without trying to start a Br Exit argument, are there any noises of people getting their money out of these types of assets until a solution has been implemented?

+1

It's there for all to see I reckon.

A good mate has had his 996tt on SOR for angood whiles now, barely a sniff .
Good honest car.
I would have been interested but wrong colour for me ( Meridian Silver )

Have you considered an outright sale to trade?

Won't achieve private money obviously but depends how keen you are to shift it.

It's all down to price and if you want out of it then a low price will see it move no matter what the market conditions are.

He is in no big rush Ade, hence he has not pushed it, also has a lovely 944 Turbo for sale, early 220 car, 15k would buy it, and it wants nowt !

I would ask the guy selling it to put it up on here/Auto Trader/Ebay etc. When I was looking for a car I checked all sites everyday but found the trader app on the phone the easiest to look at.

Although it shouldn't, good pictures make a huge difference.

eBay!

I buy and sell the odd car, not quick sale cars either and always priced for top money, I used to stick them up on every site possible, AutoTrader, PistonHeads, Gumtree, Ebay etc etc..

Each and every time, the car sold on ebay within hours. I swear by advertising cars on there now.

Autotrader is expensive and limits you to the amount of content you can add.

Ebay you can write a bible along with a decent amount of pics.

Cheers for the advice. GTOne advertise on pistonheads and amongst their own customer base, which during a normally buoyant sellers market is fine, but with the market the way it is I think a bit more aggressive marketing could be the way to go

On eBay do you guys recommend running it as an auction (with a reserve) or as a classified?

Galactus said:
On eBay do you guys recommend running it as an auction (with a reserve) or as a classified?

Classified ad for me, you will only get time wasters via auction :nooo:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back