Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 Turbo Rattle

edge

I noticed a rattle type noise from the front end when driving over rough surfaces. While the car was in for Warranty renewal they picked the noise up while on a test drive and added the fault to a list of advisory recommendations.
This what they say

"Noted upon roadtest rattle from front end, suspect front diagonal suspension arms".

Any idea what they mean as I would like to have a go at the repair myself.

Thanks

What is the mileage on your car?

Diagonal arms are the ones bolted to the coffin arm and then on the body .. kinda in a diagonal line hence the name .

Ther type of noise will be a bonk .. bonk bonk as you hit bumps or potholes and as you have these front and back you can usually tell if its front or rear ones knocking.

General rule of thumb .. they will knock at about 45-50 k miles .

Its just an annoyance though , it wont fail an mot or indeed be found when looking .

Link rods do have a similar noise but very easy to diagnose .. you just pull and push them .. any movement and they need chamgeing .

Cars has covered nearly 30k but it's 8 years old so I suppose this stuff happens. The OPC want over £400 pounds to rectify the issue but I would like to do the work myself as I have plenty of time on my hands but I am not sure what parts they are referring to, thus my question. The drop links look very straight forward to change are the diagonal arms as easy ?

Thanks for your replies

Thanks deMort your a star.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back