Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Salvage 991 GT3 to repair!!

kam

Only a soft roll... really! :eek:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-991-GT3/302837496046

s-l1600.jpg

Robert SausageTrousers said:
Not recorded on HPI? :roll:

Years ago I used to buy salvage cars, do them up and sell on. It was surprising just how many cars which Insurance companies had written off came up as HPI clear.

Imagine buying that once it's all fixed then seeing this thread :grin:

Those seats are flipping WEIRD :eh!:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Imagine buying that once it's all fixed then seeing this thread :grin:

Those seats are flipping WEIRD :eh!:

:thumb:

I think you would die! :D :frustrated: ditto with the seats!...

Does not make sense, you can pay around 95K for a left hand decent 991 GT3 and it's up for 75k!!

iirc If you know the V5 number it can be taxed on-line, assuming that MOT and Insurance are also in place.

Without that I think you can use a V62(?) but need to apply for a V5 at the same time.

Tbh this whole ad' seems well dodgy underlined by the £30k asking price.

Surely, under both the old 'Cat' rules and the revised ones, a Cat B write-off should never legally be used on the road again.

T8 said:
iirc If you know the V5 number it can be taxed on-line, assuming that MOT and Insurance are also in place.

Without that I think you can use a V62(?) but need to apply for a V5 at the same time.

Tbh this whole ad' seems well dodgy.

Agreed. You usually end up reading about cars with this type of history being crushed... I'd steer well clear. Unless you intend using it as a track weapon or something?

I wasnt interested, just curious how you can legally drive something like this. The price & everything about it screams, do not touch :eek:

I thought Cat B was salvage/parts only :dont know:

Zingari said:
I thought Cat B was salvage/parts only :dont know:

From RAC website:

Category B (unchanged):

Body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.

:judge:

Might explain why the MOT was done in March and could have been repaired after that date :dont know:

epicfail.gif
Tried to not only polish the turd but roll it in glitter
:roll:

Whos going to ask for before, during and after pics of the damage and subsequent repairs. I'd do it, but my tolerance for bulls**t is quite low and can't be bothered with the dribbler.

:sad: That's every panel!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back